Ended Call for Expression of Interest for Construction Works
Country Office: Sana’a /Yemen
Call for expression of interest for construction works
(Ref. Tender 83292978) (To be indicated in all correspondences)
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ also puts high value in providing quality services and working environment, not only to its external stakeholders, but also to its staff in performing its day-to-day operation. For this purpose, the GIZ country office Yemen intends to conduct rebuilding/modernization/improvement measures in its premises in Sana’a.
Scope of Work
The selected construction company/ general contractor shall construct/ rebuild/modernize/ improve the current premises and office spaces in accordance to the GIZ approved drawings and specifications.
The measures comprise concrete works, small works, fire safety, painting energy, air conditioning, etc.,)
The premises are approximately 1.200 m2, it is a single building with ground floor, four upper floors and a basement.
The works are expected to start by the middle of September and be completed by December 15th 2018.
This call for expression of interest is open to registered companies/general contractors. Furthermore companies must have qualified English-speaking staff both on site and providing administrative support, and be able to import various building materials by sea and air freight.
Qualified companies interested to take part in this call for expression of interest are kindly requested to provide the following information (if possible in English or with a translation)
- Company registration with the relevant authorities (commercial registry, valid tax registration, work license, ID card of owner)
- Proof of insurance coverage
- Description of safety and quality assurance measures
- Proof of ability/experience of import by sea and air freight.
- Download or request (via the e-mail address below) the “Questionnaire for Architects / Engineers and Contractors“ (Annex A12).
- Fill out / print / stamp and sign / scan this document and
- submit this scan along with all required attachments and documents by July 13th ,2018 by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any additional questions, please contact us on the following email :
( email@example.com ) Deadline for questions is July 4th, 2018 before 15:00
On the basis of the outcome of submitted requests, GIZ will evaluate the interested companies.
The evaluation is expected to be completed by July 26th, 2018. We will send you a brief notification should we be unable to consider your company.
Important conditions and instructions:
- This invitation is placed on behalf of GIZ office Sana’a and does not accept any responsibility from any consequences arising from this invitation.
- This invitation does not entail any commitment. GIZ reserves the right to change or cancel the invitation and its requirement at any time. Reply to this invitation does not guarantee that such construction company will be considered.
- Only shortlisted contractors will be invited to submit a bid subject to the GIZ bidding procedure and conditions.
- EOI from construction company failing to provide the requested information's and evidences will be disregarded.
- This EOI does not entail any commitment on the part of GIZ, either financial or otherwise. GIZ reserves the right to accept or reject any or all EOI without incurring any obligations to inform the affected applicant/s of the grounds.
To download the related documents , please click on the link to the right under
"Downloads & Attachements"