Ended Invitation for Expression of Interest (EoI) For local Media and Advertisement Companies
Youth Employability Improvement Program (YEIP)
Invitation for Expression of Interest (EoI) For local Media and Advertisement Companies
(Ref. # 83293682) (To be indicated in all correspondences)
Produce 6 movies to introduce Career Guidance to Secondary Schools via media so the students are able to choose their career.
The Youth Employability Improvement Program YEIP is part of the Special Initiative on Stabilization in the Middle East and North Africa funded by German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The project aims at improving the employability of young adults of secondary school age from urban metropolitan areas in selected school districts in Sana’s, Ibb and Aden.
GIZ launched YEIP which came as a response to the national primary and secondary education strategies. The Ministry of Education (MoE) has developed a Framework of Standards and Indicators of School Development in Yemen, which provides a binding point of reference for schools. Increasing the focus of schools on effective integration into the labor market is specifically emphasized as one of the 11 points in the framework. In addition, the project supported the National Youth Employment Plan 2014 – 2016 of Yemen.
The project has three fields of activity, Career Guidance and Market orientation, Introducing Vocational Studies and Non-formal training activities at secondary schools. The project in coordination with MoE has developed the Career Guidance Manual and YEIP is looking for a company to develop supporting media materials to this manual.
The overall objective of assignment is to help to introduce Career Guidance to Secondary Schools via media so the students are able to choose their career.
The contracting period and duration: from 15 August to 31st October, 2018
(Total consultancy days: 50 working days).
The main tasks are to develop six videos as follows:
- Provide an overall idea about Career Guidance through developing one (infographic) (three minutes).
- Provide an idea of how to be prepared for the future employment through simulation of job interview process. This can be done through two animation videos to show the most important points to be taken during the first job interviews for the fresh graduates, each of (three minutes).
- Support the 10th Grade CG Manual with related Yemeni Videos through the development of three videos which explains the main messages in drama style, each of (one minute.
Documents required for EOI
- Profile of the company that show it is a well-known media company.
- Copy of valid working license/registration (issued by the respective governmental ministries/institutions)
- Copy of valid Tax Card, if applicable, (for profit organizations)
- At least 3 years of experience in media and movie making.
- Copies from previous works, and especially similar supervision projects, and credentials of the core staff and any reference available from previous work
GIZ office Sana’a now invites and without obligation on the part of GIZ, eligible, professional and experienced locally based and registered company who have a proven record of handling similar work to submit their EOI. Interested company must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (company’s profile, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Information should include the following:
• Core business and years in business
• Qualifications in the field of the assignment
• Technical and managerial organization of the company
• General qualifications and number of key staff
Important conditions and instructions:
- This EoI is placed on behalf of GIZ office Sana’a and does not accept any responsibility from any consequences arising from this invitation.
- This EoI does not entail any commitment. GIZ reserves the right to change or cancel the EoI and its requirement at any time. Reply to this EoI does not guarantee that such Company will be considered.
- Only short-listed Company s will be considered for further process.
- EOI from company’s failing to provide the requested information's and evidences will be disregarded.
- This EoI does not entail any commitment on the part of GIZ, either financial or otherwise. GIZ reserves the right to accept or reject any or all EoI without incurring any obligations to inform the affected applicant/s of the grounds.
- Please consider that the latest deadline for submitting the expression of interest is 19 July, 2018.
- EoIs must be sent to the following email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the required documents.