Country Director This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
POSITION: COUNTRY DIRECTOR YEMEN
JOB LOCATION: Taiz - Yemen
REPORTING TO: Saba Relief and Development foundation UK (SRDF)
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide Leadership & Country Strategy
Country Director Role Overview
The Country Directors role will involve representing Saba Relief and Development Foundation in Yemen, and being the senior representative who develops and promotes the profile of Saba Relief. The Country Director will contribute to the strategic direction and representation of Saba Relief, proactively engaging in networking and learning groups with other NGO’s. This will be carried out by the Country Director who will be required to create a robust country strategy and policy for Saba Relief in Yemen.
The Country Director will also be providing strategic leadership to the team at Saba in Yemen, ensuring that the staff are motivated and that they are valued. Alongside this, the Country Director will be required to focus on, and develop the business side of Saba Relief by increasing profitability via networking with local government, and other NGO agencies, in order to facilitate funding and grants for Saba Relief internally within Yemen.
- Create and deliver a robust country strategy and policy for Yemen. The strategy will be reviewed by the management team in the UK and performance will be measured by the strategy and policy.
- Promotion of the Saba Relief brand and enhancement of its reputation through positive relationships with all other stakeholders including Yemen donors, government, embassy, NGO’s (both local and international operating in Yemen)
- Leadership in all Saba Relief legal, financial and compliance requirements including responsibility for security management, quarterly reporting and country returns, finance, HR and IT.
- Provide robust and dynamic leadership for the Yemen team, motivating staff and ensuring that they are valued.
- Reporting to Saba Relief UK and taking instruction from CEO and Trustees.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of all Saba Relief projects in Yemen
- The Country Director will oversee all humanitarian projects in Yemen and will be responsible with his staff to develop projects and identity gaps for intervention.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Coordination
- Formulating the country strategy for Saba Relief in light of political, economic and humanitarian context in Yemen.
- Acting as key contact with head offices, local partners, NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, government authorities, donors.
- Acting as a focal point, to issue policy recommendations in collaboration with field staff and headquarters in Yemen
- Represent Saba Relief in sub cluster forums, local authorities, community leaders, Government authorities, line ministries, national and international organizations, NGOs, voluntary agencies in the governorate to promote positive image of Saba Relief in Yemen.
Overall Management of Programs
- Defining the programmes with the coordinated team for Saba Relief in Yemen.
- Ensuring achievement of the program's objectives.
- Maintained a close liaison with local authorities for smooth implementation of project
- Ensuring Saba Relief has adequate resources in Yemen
- Ensuring programme is still appropriate, according to the situation, the context and the programme's objectives
Overall Management of Staff and Security
- Responsible for all national staff and visits from Saba Relief UK
- Managing human resources in conformity with applicable labour laws in Yemen and with internal regulations.
- Security management.
- Recruitment, supervise and capacity building of staff
- Setting of job descriptions and requests for new staff to Saba Relief UK.
- Performance appraisals of staff and objective setting in line with program requirements.
- Conduct monthly meeting with all program staff to discuss the achievements, lessons learnt, operational challenges/constraints and finding timely viable solution for smooth projects’ implementation.
- Join programme
- staff in undertaking appropriate need assessments, identify gaps and collaborate with sector specific staff in designing new integrated interventions as appropriate to address the identified need.
- Responsible for financial feasibility of the country programme: initially to obtain resources, at final stage to make sure programme is within budget.
- Supervise the budgetary, financial and administrative functions of Saba Relief in Yemen
- Supervise and manage contracts of the buildings / vehicle / warehouses etc
- Responsible for all logistical aspects.
- Facilitate timely submission of all the required reports (donor and internal reports) and documentation to head office.
- Responsible for the appropriate management of all resources in a transparent manner.
- At all times the country director is accountable to the donors and benefactors of Saba Relief missions.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic. (Mandatory)
- Must be a graduate in development studies or social sciences.
- A proven record of designing, monitoring & implementing emergency and development program.
- Good understanding of development and relief issues as well as appreciation of cultural and social differences.
- Excellent networking, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of Office programmes including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel; Knowledge of relevant database systems.
- Flexible & Patient. Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل