Deputy Finance Manager (DFM) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Reports to: Country Finance Manager (CFM)
Duration: Till July 31, 2022; Renewable based on fund availability and performance.
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
About RI Mission & Vision: Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Finance Manager (CFM), the primary responsibility of the Deputy Finance Manager (DFM) is to maintain and adhere to RI financial policies and procedures including the donor regulations and guidelines to ensure that the Finance department functions in an efficient and well-organized manner. This DFM will be the focal point for overall Financial Management and Planning including Cash Flow, Proposal Development, Donor Reporting, Donor & Org. statutory audit and Implementing Partners handling and Capacity Building. The role will also provide support to Finance Coordinators/Officers and the part of the team in charge for daily operations, Accounting and Government compliance. Knowledgesharing and capacity-building of other team-members is high priority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Overall Financial Management:
- Oversees the accounting function across the organization - Ensures the accounting procedures are standardized, accounting controls are applied to get adequate assurance as to the reliability of the financial records. Leads the annual closure-of-accounts exercise and prepares the management accounts in line with RI policies and procedures.
- Provides the leadership oversight and administrative direction to Finance Coordinators/Officers, job orientations, task allocation, and ongoing performance management. Works with them to correct deficiencies and proactively build the capacity of the Finance personnel both at the Country and Field Offices.
- Oversee the month-end financial closure process and coordinate the timely submission of monthly financial reports to Regional Support Office (RSO).
- Cash flow - Consolidate monthly cash needs from budget holders and compile monthly Country cash forecasts and ensure timely submission of information to the RSO/GSO. Ensure in country cash flow is smooth covering all activities and in future possible sub offices.
- Proposal development – act as a focal Finance point during the process of Proposal Development and budgets creation. Cooperate closely with all budget holders and ensure sufficient coverage of support costs.
- Reporting –Ensure schedule for Donor reporting is respected and all reports are compiled in an accurate and timely manner and submitted to Regional Office for verification andapproval. In terms of internal reporting, DFM will lead and coordinate regular monthly BvA (budget vs Actual) reports and follow up meetings. Provide support including ad hoc and formal training on budget management and other finance-related skills as required, to budget holders to ensure that they pro-actively manage their funds.
- Audit - Lead preparation for internal and external annual, ad-hoc and donor audits.Reviewing and addressing questions of concern from auditors in consultation with CFM
- Grants Management – work closely with Grants Department, ensuring that donor finance guidelines, formats and processes are understood by all affected colleagues at the start of each project and being adhered to throughout the project.
- Implementing partners – manage the team in charge for Implementing Partners. Oversee and guide assessments, reporting, accountability and capacity building of partners.
2. External and Internal communication - Support liaising with Yemen authorities, accountants and other relevant parties in finance matters to make sure RI Yemen operations are compliant with the Yemen legislations.
3. Contribute to capacity building and sharing of knowledge within finance department. Also maintain responsibility for transparency and accountability and implementation of policiesand guidelines including donors.
4. Provide constructive suggestions relative to enhancing current procedures on the existing RI policies and procedures
5. Support existing team and CFM in day to day finance operations and accounting and Gov. reporting matters
6. Ensure collaboration and cooperation with Program and Logistic Department on cross cutting issues
7. Possible field visits for the project in Yemen to follow-up financial procedures in the RI field offices.
8. Substitutes the Country Finance Manager functions while on leave.
9. Reviews Cost Allocation Methodology produced entries based on allowable and allocable criteria.
10. Support in the development of cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
11. Ensures compliance with all donor requirements and advises budget holders on compliance issues.
12. Advises budget holders on how best to utilize a programme’s funding portfolio.
13. Ensures donor regulations are communicated to all staff and that all activities meet donor requirements.
14. Performs any other tasks as requested by the Finance Manager.
15. As this is an Emergency Response programme, at times there will be the requirement to work additional hours and perform other tasks not detailed in this job description
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced University Degree in Finance, Accounting/ High Int. professional certificate is preferable.
- Professional background: minimum 10 years of experience in finance sector.
- Previous experience in Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- High/Advanced writing/drafting skills.
- Familiarity with business principles and practices.
- Analytical/Communication/inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work under highly stressful conditions independently and with limited supervision and work in a dynamic environment to meet deadlines.
- Promotes team work, educate and train other staff, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player.
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, including donors, local government and authorities.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and solve problems.
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Relief International
Cook (طباخ)17 May 2021 | Sana'a
MEAL Coordinator03 Jun 2021 | Sana'a
Project Officer (District)09 Jun 2021 | Aden
Supply Chain & Operations Coordinator ( Logistics)10 Jun 2021 | Sana'a
Data Management Assistant (3)17 Jun 2021 | Sana'a , Hajjah