WASH Specialist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Position: WASH Specialist
- Occupation: Project and Programme Management
- Duty Station: Alhudida.
- Duration of Contract : three months (extendable based on performance evaluation)
- Supervision: Direct supervision of Programs & Projects Manger.
- Closing Date: October 18,2021
The Humanitarian Development Program (HDP)- Hayel Saeed Anam Charity Foundation (HSACF), is a nonprofit and independent NGO in Yemen established by Hayel Saeed Anam Charity Foundation (HSACF). It focusses on improving the quality of Yemeni people life, through well-planned and comprehensive projects in water, education, livelihood and health interventions and related activities that strengthen underserved communities in all parts of Yemen with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies.
WASH Specialist will focus on HDP-HSACF portfolio and will be responsible for the design and delivery of high-quality Water and Sanitation Infrastructure for the HDP. He/ She will provide leadership in carrying out assessments, design, planning, implementation and monitoring of all WASH construction/rehabilitation activities. He/ She will also supervise the design and preparation of all technical documents, Program Description, Bills of Quantities (BoQs) and drawings and the execution and handing over to relevant local authorities. The position will also technically line manage field WASH Engineers across dispersed locations and actively engage with the WASH Cluster, local governments, and all other WASH actors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Programs & Projects Manager, and the overall guidance of Country Program Manager, the WASH Specialist, will undertake the following tasks:
STRATEGY & VISION
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed.
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions & resources to achieve objectives and contribute to countrywide strategy development.
- Develop and organize activities to secure resources for programs and convince stakeholders to provide support.
DESIGN, IMPLEMENTATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Lead the assessments of Water and Sanitation needs and gap analysis ensure that assessment reports and technical response plans are prepared taking into account the environment, gender and protection perspectives.
- Conduct technical Water supply assessment to determine and recommend the appropriate water supply scheme including water collection/sources, appropriate treatment, transmission and distribution methods.
- Develop the scope of work, resource requirement and estimated cost for the targeted water schemes.
- Supervise the design of water supply and sanitation schemes appropriate to the local conditions and preparation of all technical documents, BoQs and drawings of the WASH related facilities.
- Develop technical implementation tools and resources (e.g. Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), manuals) to guide Water and Sanitation Infrastructure interventions.
- Participate in WASH Program startup and ongoing program management and administration of teams across various field locations.
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners and consistent with HDP’S relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards.
- Supervise the rehabilitation or improvement of water supply, sanitation and other infrastructures; closely supervise contracted WASH activities and liaise with contractors and consultants as necessary for the successful and timely achievement of activities.
- Supervise Water Chlorination and Water Quality testing, routine quality monitoring and documentation.
- Ensure effective local stakeholders’ participation, including local authorities, and beneficiaries at all stages of the WASH activities identification, design and implementation.
- Take account of gender and protection concerns in WASH activities design and implementation; carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, children, and people with disabilities.
- Supervise the implementation and monitoring of WASH Infrastructure works contracted out to commercial contractors and or/sub grantees ensuring full compliance with required standards.
- Ensure proper tracking and documentation of the WASH activities, innovations and stories of best practices, lessons learned or any relevant information related to WASH Infrastructures.
- Support in establishing and maintaining proper project documentation and records, including but not limited to: needs assessments questionnaires, monitoring questionnaires, certificates of Certificate of Completion, Handing over Certificates, list of beneficiaries, photos etc.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- Orient, train, and coach staff
- Support HDP staff capacity programs including on-the-job training, supervision and monitoring of Field HDP Engineers.
- Develop/adopt training materials and conduct training programs to relevant staff of field.
COORDINATION & REPRESENTATION
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders – including consortium partners, NGOs, government officials, clusters, UN agencies, and community-based organizations – to enhance cooperation and coordination.
- Represent HDP in coordination meetings and other relevant forums.
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate.
- Participate and represent the organization in field WASH Cluster coordination meetings
- Prepare by weekly WASH reports and donor reports as per the internal reporting calendar.
- Working with people.
- Drive for results.
- Leading and Supervising.
- Formulating strategies and concepts.
- Applying technical expertise.
- Relating and networking.
- Deciding and Initiating action.
II. Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Water/Environmental Engineering, Public Health, Social Science, Environmental Health, or other relevant fields with a minimum of 3 years humanitarian field experience.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent, preferably in Water/Environmental Engineering, Public Health, Social Science, Environmental Health, or other relevant fields with Minimum of 5 years humanitarian field experience.
- Professional technical experience matching the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- proficiency of both English and Arabic.
Humanitarian Development Program (HDP) has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. The Program takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving its employees and related personnel. Humanitarian Development Program (HDP) initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation, and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل