Senior Programme Assistant (WASH) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Short Vacancy Notice
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Senior Programme Assistant (WASH)
- Organizational Unit: WASH
- Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
- IOM Classification: G 6
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No.: SVN2024.007
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Wednesday, 21 February 2024
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the WASH Programme Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer (WASH), the Senior Programme Assistant will provide support through the following activities. In particular, s/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of the activities required for the successful completion of the WASH activities under the WASH Programme, following closely the donor(s) requirements and the directions of the WASH Operation Officer.
- Monitor that the IOM project activities meet their intended scope, time and budget as per the project’s work plan as designed by the WASH Operation Officer and inform of any delay or workaround required for timely completion of activities.
- Prepare and or review technical specifications, BoQs, drawings of the WASH infrastructure planned to be implemented as necessary.
- Monitor the project implementation by performing regular visits to the areas of operation, verify that materials are being properly utilized and that WASH items are effectively distributed to the beneficiaries. Follow up the schedule with contractors and prepare completion certificates. Work closely with the administrative units of IOM to coordinate adequate contracts management; close out procedures and final payments to the contractors.
5. Plan and coordinate procurements in line with approved specifications or BoQ, working in close coordination with the procurement and logistics unit to ensure that the required materials and items are procured and delivered to the respective sites in a timely manner. 6. Maintain effective and active communication with all the stakeholders. Prepare and submit regular progress reports to the WASH Operation Officer indicating progress, constraints and requirements for project completion. Ensure that project data and information is archived and shared appropriately. 7. In coordination with the relevant colleagues, ensure that all relevant permits and authorizations are obtained from the local authorities to guarantee project stability and good relations with the local government. 8. Provide necessary information and documentation for the preparation of project proposals for IOM to contact potential donors. Contribute to contingency planning for possible WASH emergency response if required. 9. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical), Geophysics, Hydrogeology, Geology, or Public Health, with sound knowledge of water, sanitation, and hygiene principles for humanitarian assistance, and relevant training attained.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years of experience (Four Years for University Degree holders) in the implementation of water, sanitation, and hygiene-related projects preferably in the Humanitarian Field.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Skills: Knowledge of CAD, GIS, Excel, Excellent Monitoring and Evaluation Skills. Organizational Skills; Accuracy: Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, a national of the country with an automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances. Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply. As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity. Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل