Mental Health Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Mental Health Officer, Multiple positions and locations in Yemen
Contractual Arrangement: Special Service Agreement
Contract duration: Up to 6 months initially, to be extended based on the availability of funds, need for the position and performance.
Job Posting: July 12, 2021
Closing Date: July 26, 2021
Primary Location: Multiple positions and locations in Yemen
Organization: EM_YEM WHO Representative's Office, Yemen
The Mental Health Officer is the liaison and focal point for a wide array of different partners both at local and international level. The liaison mainly involves development of plans, coordination of implementation and sharing information and lessons learnt. The incumbent delivers capacity building training activities to various target audiences. At times the incumbent directly liaises with beneficiaries of mental health programmes to provide counselling, psycho-education and psychological support.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Evaluates the situation of Mental Health services in the designated area and facilitates the development of comprehensive plans tailored to the needs, achieving results such as:
- Needs assessment of beneficiaries and evidence-based psychosocial services in the designated are and facilities.
- Substantive inputs on the formulation and evaluation of joint projects, planning initiatives and developing strategies.
- Monitoring number of beneficiaries at facilities technically supported by WHO, highlight and deficiencies or gaps and make recommendations for interventions.
- Production of tools, templates and questionnaires to be used for regional database and analysis or categorisation of regional data sets on mental health and substance abuse.
Facilitates implementation of national programmes, strategies and policies in coordination and collaboration with MoH, achieving results such as:
- Visits to project implementation sites in designated areas to monitor and document projects implementation.
- Proper implementation of the case-management system and the bio-psychosocial approach by the multidisciplinary team at the clinic.
- Production of various technical tools and materials that facilitate implementation of Mental Health field activities as needed.
- Development and revision of technical documents, briefing notes, meeting reports, and other information products. Coordination and monitoring of the dissemination of key technical materials.
- Participation and substantive input in coordination meetings and activities with partners and stakeholders, e.g. the Mental Health and Psychosocial Coordination Group.
- Contribution to initiatives and activities on human rights and mental health in order to mainstream Mental Health.
- Facilitation of group therapy and group sessions in coordination with the multidisciplinary team.
- Home visits to provide further psycho-social support when needed.
Manages training activities to strengthen capacity at various levels, achieving results such as:
- Identification of training needs for respective target audiences and development of comprehensive plans for capacity building.
- Preparation of training material tailored to the specific needs.
- Organisation and delivery of workshops or in-service training activities to various target groups, e.g. implementation of capacity building activities for mental health and general health staff and development and of skills and abilities of beneficiaries through the CMHCs “Community Mental Health Center“ and Our Step Association.
- Arrangement of community rehabilitation and awareness activities for beneficiaries and their families in coordination with the multidisciplinary team.
- Assessment of impact of training and capacity building activities
Essential: First level university degree in medicine is required. A study in Psychology, Sociology, or Anthropology would be a definite asset.
- At least 2 years of experience required in the areas of mental health and substance abuse.
- Extensive knowledge on public health approach and prevention/promotion models of mental health and substance abuse.
- Experience in bio psychosocial causes and models of MNH/SA problems.
Desirable: Good knowledge of WHO procedures and policies
- Communicating in a credible and effective manner: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Ensuring effective use of resources: Identifies priorities in accordance with WHO’s strategic directions. Develops and implements action plans, organizes the necessary resources and monitors outcomes.
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل