Project Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Saada, Yemen
Reports to: UN Programs Manager
Reference: 21 - 108
Duration: Till January 14, 2022, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Project Coordinator oversees the activities, administrative-financial, human resource and logistical components of the project, ensuring quality, timeliness, appropriateness and effectiveness. The Project Coordinator contributes with the Programs Manager to strategic programming and planning/development for the sector. The Project Coordinator ensures strong external and internal representation in line with organizations priorities and per prior consultation with line management. The Project Coordinator motivates and leads a diverse staff as well as effectively oversee the activities, budgets, and partnerships.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible but not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the project in accordance with proposal, donor agreement and ADRA Yemen policies and guidelines, and ensure projects are implemented to a high quality, on time and against agreed work plans
- Develop and Submit accurate, informative and quality monthly, quarterly and annual reports and workplans, as per the set out scheduled in accordance to the donor’s regulations and requirements
- Undertake (if security situation allows) field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision to the team and to monitor the progress and quality of the different project activities.
- Develop and foster good relationships with other INGOs, national NGOs, relevant clusters and local authorities in the implementation sites.
- Manage and evaluate the performance of the project staff
- Apply a result-based management approach, monitor the project outcomes, in addition to the outputs and activities, including changes at the household and community level achieved through the project.
- Collaborate with the finance, programs, and logistics teams to ensure that the project is effectively monitored against approved outputs and budgets and ensure the preparation and regular updating of activity plans, the project budget and procurement plans
- Actively participates in WASH cluster meetings and other relevant working groups for Yemen, also relevant inter-sectorial coordination meetings at national level.
- Develop comprehensive project work plans and detailed implementation plans including procurement plans to be shared with Programs Department as well as Donor
- Develop and ensure appropriate monitoring tools and strategy to monitor the progress and quality and impact of the project and its implementation.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs
- Facilitate for building capacity of Project Team.
- Any other tasks which may be requested to be undertaken within the scope of this post.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A university degree in a technical field, preferably in water in sanitation.
- Knowledge of working with clusters, UN Agencies and aspects of mainstreaming and accountability
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in project management of humanitarian interventions working with IDPs, host community and returnees
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Has the capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Ability to plan and organize work within a fluid working environment and has the capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites and work in remote locations, often for prolonged periods of time
- Preferred to be from the same governorate
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل