Data Management Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Data Management Assistant
FSC #: SUIHAY/2021
Length of Time: Until 31st December 2021 (with possible extension)
Location: Aden, Yemen, with travel to field locations
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 has been responding to the humanitarian crisis in southern Yemen and along the Western Coast since 2018. Through an integrated health, nutrition, and WASH program, FHI 360 works in Aden, Taiz, and Hudaydah governorates. FHI 360 supports static and mobile health facilities, including rehabilitation, technical support and staff training, and provision of supplies. FHI 360 also works at the community level through Community Health Volunteer and water rehabilitation components to reach additional populations. Furthermore, since January 2020, FHI 360 has served as the NGO co-lead for the Aden Sub-Health Cluster. With a country office in Aden and a field office in Al Mokha, FHI 360 has a staff of over 40 national and expatriate staff.
Under the direct supervision of the M&E Manager, the Data Management Assistant is responsible to support the M&E team in the development, implementation, and management of project databases by collecting all relevant data and submitting timely and quality data/information to stakeholders and to establish a transparent system that ensures smooth information flow. The assistant performs data entry from internal and external sources, data management, and validation to ensure accuracy and completeness. Uses data entry tools to collect data. Creates and maintains files and archives containing all data and related documentation, providing status and activity reports as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES:
- Compile and enter data and project information into databases from regularly collected (handwritten) registration forms; update, and revise data when details change.
- Enter and modifies data into appropriate fields, databases, records, and files.
- Transfer data from written records, interviews, and paper formats via computer, recorders, or scanners.
- Responsible for the quality and maintenance of data entry. This includes reviewing and
- verifying data for accuracy by checking and comparing source documentation and correcting any inaccurate data.
- Assists in the preparation of reports, graphs, charts, dashboards, infographics, and other visual materials that meet organizational stakeholder requirements.
- Maintain a well-organized archive of files including field reports as well as donor reports.
- Provide data and data analysis for donor reports.
- Maintain data entry backup on regular basis (hard & soft copies).
- Organize paper formats, paper backups, and material source files as needed.
- In coordination with the M&E team, contribute to process improvements including developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Performs other tasks or assignments required.
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with stakeholders and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have excellent analytical and research skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must have excellent computer and technical skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Associate’s degree in information or data management and processing or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience in data management, programs, or research.
- Experience managing data for complex emergency, humanitarian, or development projects.
- Prior experience in an international non-governmental organization (INGO).
- Use of computer software (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook), and experience working with statistical databases.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل