Movement Cooperation Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Movement Cooperation Officer
Contract type : Open-ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Sana’a (Sana’a Center)
Start of the announcement: 4 October 2021
Movement Cooperation Officer 2 contributes to developing and implementing the delegation's objectives for cooperation with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in line with the ICRC’s Movement policies and in consultation with the Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS). He contributes to building positive relationships between the ICRC and the YRCS branches in his AoR.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to implementing the operational partnership between the ICRC and the YRCS by working closely with colleagues and the YRCS branches under his responsibility to implement the assigned activities in close coordination with SAN_CoopNS.
- Focal person with matters related to operations and capacity building of YRCS branches in SAC SD AoR.
- Be aware of all main activities, changes, priorities & challenges of the NS Concerned and timely share this information with colleagues, SAN_CoopNS.
- Be aware and timely inform the SAN_CoopNS about Movement Partners' activities in the concerned YRCS Branches.
- Collects information on operational activities and contributes to the Weekly Operational Report and other reports as required.
- Study NS institutional documents (Statutes, Strategic Plan, etc.). Supports NS branches in assessing and analyzing the NS branch's general needs & capacity, in particular on the ICRC-supported programs/projects.
- Liaise with the technical Depts in SAC sub-delegation with regard to implementation of operational activities by branches under his AoR.
- Overseeing YRCS concerned branches and maintain the relationship with the Management of YRCS branches under his AoR.
- Provide support to the YRCS branches with regards to their use of social media, and how to minimize risks to the Movement’s perception Reviewing PoAs of the YRCS concerned branches, obtaining approval of the PoAs from SAN_CoopNS, and follow up the implementation of these activities;
- Support NS branches in developing projects to be submitted to the SAN_CoopNS.
- Monitoring visits to the field structure of YRCS concerned branches.
- Follow up on meetings with Movement Partners operating with the branches in his AoR;
- Maintains a good relationship with the YRCS branches under AoR.
- Maintains the database for all information related to the YRCS Branches under AoR.
- Report all matters to the redline and keep the blue line in cc with all communication and projects.
- Follow up on the PoA and implementations of each project and referral system.
- Follow up with the YRCS branches about the complaining of the rules and responsibility and reporting system.
- Timely prepare/follow up ROs;
- Timely follow up on documents related to DTP of branches in his AoRs and report to Coop department focal person;
- Provide support to SAN CoopNS regarding the YRCS concerned branches financial documentation;
- Proper coordination with ICRC operational departments in terms of involving the volunteers in ICRC/YRCS joint activities;
- YRCS SAC Branch, sub-branches, and offices
- Contributes to the Weekly Operational Report
- Drafts and prepares reports on activities implemented by branches as required.
- Prepared other reports as requested by the superior.
- Report activities implemented by the branch volunteers and training taken.
b. Administration – Finance
- Ensures necessary administrative work is implemented on time like the PoA and activities budgets
- Knows, applies, and complies with all the administrative procedures linked to his work (financial and HR such as appraisals, Time reporting, budget follow up, …etc)
c. Staff training – Management
- Organizes training for colleagues and YRCS volunteers as requested by superiors
d. Interpretation – Translation
- Interprets accurately from English to Arabic and vice versa during field visits and otherwise,whenever needed.
e. Treatment of information
- Registers and treats information (general and specific) accurately and with confidentially
- Maintains regular contacts with interlocutors (NGO's, associations, etc.);
- Exchange information as required.
- Participates in the internal meetings.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of Arabic and English.
- Computer proficiency.
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in a field relevant to Movement Cooperation (inside or outside the ICRC).
- Minimum 2–3 years' experience in any other Movement Component (NS and/or International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) is an asset.
- People management
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل