Livelihoods and Cash Advisor
Position: Livelihoods and Cash Advisor
Location: Sana’a (Country Office)
Reports to: Deputy Country Director Programs
Duration: 8 months with possibility of extension.
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
The Livelihoods and Cash Advisor will be the lead technical support person for all Relief International Yemen resource mobilization, design and implementation of innovative and impactful livelihoods and cash transfer projects and programmes. The Advisor will lead the development and adaption of implementation tools, assessments and evaluations, technical assistance during implementation of programs and technical write-up and review of project concepts and proposals. The Livelihoods and Cash Advisor will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director Programs. S/he will have close working relationships with Awards and Grants and Unit, MEAL Unit, Technical Advisors, Program Managers, Support and Operations Unit (HR, Access, Finance and Supply Chain) and Area Managers. The Livelihoods and Cash Advisor will represent Relief International in interagency platforms that include livelihoods, food security and cash transfers.
Role and responsibilities:
The following are the specific the roles and responsibilities of the Cash and Livelihoods Technical Advisor
- Provide leadership in the development of a coherent strategy for the implementation of innovative and quality livelihoods and cash transfer programming informed by the Yemen context in line with the Country Office and Resilience strategies.
- Develop strategic frameworks that demonstrate and promote the integration of livelihoods and cash transfer approaches with other sectors in both humanitarian and transitional programming.
- Develop a strategy that harmonizes structures and practices for livelihoods and cash transfers across Relief International Yemen projects and programmes.
Technical leadership and capacity building
- Develop and lead in implementing a livelihoods and cash transfer capacity building plan for the Relief International Yemen Country team
- Lead the development of elaborate livelihoods and cash implementation frameworks and Standard Operating Procedures including delivery options, service providers, data collection, targeting criteria, beneficiary selection, and monitoring and evaluation ensuring compliance with Relief International Minimum Standards.
- Coordinate programme skills and resource sharing for quality and harmonized implementation of livelihoods and cash transfer activities
- Lead in designing and refining the cash delivery approach most appropriate to the Yemen context
- Coordinate with and support other technical advisors for the inclusion of livelihoods and cash transfer approaches to address needs across sectors including health, nutrition, protection, food security, WASH, and early recovery
Monitoring and evaluation and research
- Lead the development and implementation of a learning strategy for livelihoods and cash transfers contributing to the overall country learning strategy
- Work closely with the MEAL team in the design and implementation of livelihoods and cash transfers monitoring and evaluation plan and development and use of adapted tools and processes
- Provide technical support to program teams across sectors to ensure the collection of regular livelihoods and cash transfer data, its analysis, presentation, dissemination, and filing.
Resource mobilization and reporting
- Actively and closely work and coordinate with the Awards and Grants and Reporting Team in identifying new opportunities for funding
- Contribute to the retention and growth of existing livelihoods and cash transfer programming for RI.
- Actively design and draft cash-based assistance programme concepts, proposals, and budgets. Coordinate the timely preparation of quality livelihoods and cash-based programming reports for both stand-alone and integrated cash activities
- Work collaboratively with MEAL Team in the preparation of requisite internal and external reports including our contributions to regular interagency reporting.
Influence and representation
- Represent Relief International Yemen in the Cash Consortium Yemen (CCY) structures and ensure harmonizing with agreed framework and practices.
- Actively participate and represent RI in external sector platforms including, FSAC and the Cash and Markets Working Group and associated sub-groups that are set-up as required.
- Identify and build strategic relations with partners for implementation, research and resource mobilization for livelihoods and cash transfer in Yemen
- DcD Programs, Deputy Area Managers, Program/Project Managers, Awards and Grants team, WASH, Health and Nutrition, Protection, MEAL and Partnership TAs, Global Cash Advisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- At least 5 years continuous experience with technical design and implementation of livelihoods, cash transfer and market systems development programming, 2 years must be in a humanitarian response in a complex context with international NGOs
- Prior experience working in a complex/protracted humanitarian context in the Middle East region or similar context is preferred
- University degree in a relevant area; agriculture, rural/urban economic development, or other relevant social sciences; Master’s qualification in related area is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience contributing to livelihoods, cash transfer and market systems development proposals with major donors including USG (USAID BHA/OFDA/FFP), FCDO/DFID, EU, ECHO, WFP and UN OCHA.
- Experience with use of relevant sector design and assessments tools for service providers, market, needs, distribution, and post-distribution processes (e.g., RAM, EMMA, MIFIRA, MERS)
- Demonstrated competence in finding solutions to complex problems and delivering results
- Strong influencing and representation skills with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills, Arabic will be an advantage
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a multi-cultural context
- Strong communications skills with exceptional ability to articulate technical issues with colleagues at different capacity levels
- Experience with preparing high quality reports
- Fluency in both Arabic English languages, both written and verbal.
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Solid experience in livelihoods, food security, market based and social protection or resilience programming in protracted crisis and Nexus.
- Experience in community based and participatory programme planning and implementation approaches, with operational experience in emergency livelihoods & food security programming (agricultural, livestock, cash, voucher, in-kind food assistance) using conflict sensitive approaches
- Familiar with conducting market assessments and Value Chain Analysis
- Good understanding of and experience in Economic Inclusion, Urban programming and Youth programming
- Understanding of environment and climate change in relation to food security, and how to promote appropriate mitigation and adaptation initiatives.
- Experience of applying analytical principles that structure household economic analysis and livelihoods approach
- Good understanding of key technical standards (SPHERE, HAP, MERS, LEGS, gender mainstreaming)
- Demonstrate ability in thinking creatively and innovatively, initiate pilots and practically to improve the quality of projects
- Demonstrate ability in conceptual, analytical and critical thinking with the ability to develop strategies
- Strong capacity building, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong capacity in influencing and liaison with a range of external stakeholders
- Proven experience in proposal writing with effective communication skills including fluency (speaking and writing) in English
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
• Qualified candidates meeting the above Qualifications and requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight of May 22, 2022 with the vacancy reference Subject: (HR-22-23 + Applicant Full Name).
- على من تنطبق عليهم الشروط المبينة اعلاه ارسال السيرة الذاتيه باللغة الانجليزية على الأيميل التالي (email@example.com) قبل الساعة PM) 11:59) من (May 22, 2022)
- ولكي يتم النظر في طلبك يرجى مراعاة كتابة المرجع وإسم المتقدم في عنوان الإيميل كالآتي : (الاسم + HR-22-23)
• Relief International never uses external recruitment agencies and the entire Recruitment Process is free of charge.
- لا تقوم منظمة الاغاثة الدولية بالاستعانة باشخاص او بوكالات خارجية للتوظيف اطلاقا، وان عملية التوظيف مجانيه 100% .
• RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as interviews will be done on rolling bases.
- التوظيف عاجل : على الاشخاص الذين تنطبق عليهم الشروط سرعة التقديم وعدم الانتظار حتى نهاية فترة الاعلان علاوة على ان المقابلات ستقام بشكل دوري.
• Females Candidates and qualified candidates from the targeted governorates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- تشجع الاغاثة الدولية الاناث وكذلك الاشخاص المؤهلين من المناطق المستهدفة على التقديم للوظائف المعلنة.
• Only short-listed candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted. All communication will be done through RI formal emails and recruitment number (779240025).
- سيتم التواصل مع المرشحين الذين تنطبق عليهم الشروط و يتم اختيارهم للقائمة القصيره فقط وان
- اي تواصل سيكون عبر ايميلات الاغاثة الدولية الرسمية وكذلك رقم التوظيف التالي: (779240025).
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل