Business Support Associate (Risk and Compliance)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
The job is located in Sana’a, Yemen, covering risk management and compliance responsibilities. The job holder will be part of the Yemen Country Office Risk and Compliance team with functional supervision from the Risk and Compliance Adviser and direct supervision by the National Risk and Compliance Officer. The job holder will be required to make frequent visits to field offices.
At this level job holders have independent responsibility for technical, specialized work including planning, organization, coordination, and setting objectives. They deal with issues that are often undefined and involve areas of uncertainty and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holders are expected to consistently demonstrate a high degree of responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries.
Support the CO Risk and Compliance team in the maintenance of effective risk assessment and risk management activities; ensuring the application of controls and compliance with policies and procedures; contribution to the overall effectiveness of operations and optimization of WFP resources by championing the mainstreaming of WFP’s risk and compliance framework.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority) Part 1
Job holders are expected to have a good level of expertise and knowledge in adapting and developing systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support . They are expected to work collaboratively with colleagues within the Risk Management and Compliance team and from other units.
1. Perform regular and ad hoc assessments to identify and evaluate risks, assess effectiveness of internal controls, and assess the potential for fraud and corruption in operational activities.
2. Prepare reports summarizing the status of compliance of internal controls, key oversight themes using risk information (e.g., risk indicators, incidents) to highlight areas out of risk appetite and contribute ideas on required actions in areas of risk & compliance vulnerability.
3. Assist in maintaining the country Office risk register ensuring it is kept up to date.
4. Undertake research/obtain background information related to the subject under review, track and report on specific risks, trends and cross-cutting matters representing a high risk to the organization.
5. Collect and analyze data on fraud incidents, fraud risk metrics and fraud risk appetite.
6. Contribute to the enhancement of adequate internal control systems with clear accountabilities, including performance and risk management systems, monitoring and oversight processes and techniques, tools, processes to support their implementation.
7. Support the coordination and delivery of relevant trainings, workshops and other capacity building initiatives relevant to risk management and compliance.
8. Assist in ensuring the use of all WFP resources is in conformity with approved CO strategic plans/project plans, WFP rules and procedures, and donor funding agreements.
9. Act as an escalation point in providing procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of risk and compliance and advisory in coordination with the Risk and Compliance Advisor (RCA) in the CO to ensure compliance with WFP policies, rules, and regulations.
10. Perform fact-finding reviews and support fraud risk assessments.
11. Support the coordination of internal and external oversight missions.
12. Maintain an updated database for all agreed actions arising from oversight missions including monitoring implementation of agreed actions by the assigned owner.
13. Perform other duties as required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority) Part 2
- Provide dedicated executive assistant support.
- Prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc. and conduct research in the area of work.
- Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
- Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
- Assist managers in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget(s) to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively.
- Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
- Provide a full range of complex business support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Required Academic qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Advanced University degree in business/public administration, finance, accounting, international development, audit or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses in audit, performance and risk management or other related fields are desired.
- Advanced skills with use of Excel, SPPS, Visio, PowerPoint etc. are desirable.
Minimum experience required:
Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience including at least two years of relevant progressively responsible experience in undertaking and/or contributing to risk management activities, including assessing and recommending effective internal controls and mitigation actions, in organizations that use modern enterprise risk management frameworks, techniques and systems.
• Has experience analyzing, interpreting data and generating associated reports.
• Fluent (Level C) in written and spoken Arabic & English
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
NOTE: Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process. Use English language only. Indicate all your job TOR. Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 8th December 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from WFP
National Administration Officer(General Admin & Procurement)Deadline:05 Dec | Hodiedah
Administration Associate (Facilities & Assets)Deadline:05 Dec | Hodiedah
Programme Associate (M&E)Deadline:08 Dec | Aden
Monitoring AssistantDeadline:08 Dec | Aden
Admin Assistant (Guest House)Deadline:08 Dec | Aden