Education Technical Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.
Position: Education Coordinator
Location: Country Office
Contract Length: 1 year
SCI Yemen is embarking on the Restoring Education and Learning (REAL) project, funded by the World Bank and implementing by the three implementing partners SCI, WFP and UNICEF. The project’s primary objective is to maintain access to basic education, improve conditions for learning and strengthen education sector capacity in selected districts of several governorates in Yemen targeting over 1’000 schools.
The Educational Technical Coordinator will work under the day-to-day guidance and supervision of the project Senior Education Technical Manager (SETM). The overall role of the Education Technical Coordinator is to technically assist with the planning, implementation and reporting of the REAL project. Supported by the SETM and in coordination with project staff in different field offices, the Education Technical Coordinator will ensure that the project activities are implemented on time with quality as planned.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
The Education Technical Coordinator, working closely with the SETM will;
- Assist with quality and technical implementation of all planned activities and achievement of the targets set.
- Contribute in the identification of key resources/stakeholders in the assigned schools and communities.
- Provide technical support to the REAL project, as per need, for the design/contextualization (in English and Arabic) of education materials and tools, in line with SCI's strategy and quality standards.
- Support in building synergies with other components of the education programme and other core competencies, constantly liaise with relevant departments, as per need.
- Follow up with project field staff in the targeted districts to ensure that project activities are being implemented according to budget, time and quality parameters of Save the Children.
- In coordination with project field staff, ensure that activities are appropriately planned, implemented and that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified.
- Prepare for and monitor all the relevant training events for the education field staff.
- Based on needs assessment results, work closely with SETM and education team members on designing, planning and implementing educational project activities.
- Coordinate with PMU and EPMU concerning the arrangement for activities planning, budgeting and tackle issues associated with the implementation in field.
- As per instruction from SETM and in coordination with PMU/EPMU, laise with technical sectors in ministry of education and hold relevant technical discussions and course of actions.
- Proceed the payment installments in country office for activities implemented in central level.
- In coordination with project team and SETM, prepare the procurement plan for technical activities in country and governorates level.
- Assist in writing the REAL Project Progress Report and required presentations.
- Closely work with PCs and education team to unify and harmonize the project documents, guidelines and templates.
- Ensure all activities reports and documents are uploaded to WB OneDrive.
- Ensure (4W) reports for project activities are regulary shared with Yemen Education Cluster.
- Support in translating project documents or reports if required.
- Ensure robust planning and project management tools and processes are in place, following Save the Children’s Project Management Methodology (PMM) and project management systems.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the relevant line manager.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure the monitoring and quality check of the REAL project activities conducted in the targeted schools by contributing to documentation, data analysis and drafting of regular activity implementation and monitoring reports, as per the project logframe and donor requirements.
- Ensure direct communication and feedback with beneficiaries and relevant local communities.
- Ensure that all project activities are well-documented at field level and Country Office level.
- In coordination with PDQ team and REAL project field team, ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of project implementation at the field level.
- Can be deployed temporarily to other field locations for initial assessments, the delivery of education assistance, initiation/ planning/ coordination/ implementation/ monitoring/ evaluation of children activities and/or capacity building.
- Support REAL MEAL team for conducting Baseline, ASER and Endline survey and assessment.
- Responsible for keeping accurate records of assessment activities and participation in school (number of beneficiaries, pictures, beneficiary feedback, etc).
- Can be re-allocated temporarily to other positions or requested to support other education activities that require a similar expertise, as per the education programme priorities.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience & Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree preferably in Education or any relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience and strong skills in Education/teacher professional development.
- Experience working with the MoE and Governorate & District Education Offices
- Minimum of 3 years experience in working with humanitarian projects in NGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to and understanding of child rights, the aims and principles of SCI, and humanitarian standards such as the Sphere Charter and the Code of Conduct. In particular, a good understanding of the SCI mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Previous relevant experience of minimum 3 year from working in education for children and/or youth (assisting, facilitating and reporting education activities/projects).
- Good understanding of the public education system in Yemen.
- Previous experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context, preferably in the field of education.
- High proficiency level in English, verbal and written.
- Ability to travel to governorates and field in regular basis.
- Previous experience of working with Save the Children or other INGOs in Yemen.
- Technical experience in implementing education in emergencies program
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
“Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
FSL Project AssistantDeadline:01 Oct | Aden , Lahij
Education Project OfficerDeadline:01 Oct | Aden , Lahij
Safety, Security, and government liaison CoordinatorDeadline:01 Oct | Hajjah
Supply Chain CoordinatorDeadline:05 Oct | Hodiedah
Admin & Human Resources AssistantDeadline:03 Oct | Sa'adah