GFFO Final Evaluation Consultant
Position :- GFFO final evaluation Consultant
Location :- Hodeida and Hajjah Filed Offices
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff
Save the Children International Save the Children obtained funding in January 2022 from GFFO to implement health, nutrition, WASH, FSL and CP programs aimed at addressing urgent needs of the Yemeni people. The program’s overall goal is to Contribute to the reduction of morbidities and mortalities through improved access to, and utilization of integrated health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods (FSL), WASH, and protection services among conflict affected IDP and host communities in Abs and Bani Qais districts of Hajjah governorate in Yemen
Under the health intervention, SC supports 23 health facilities (HFs) in one Bayt Alfaqih through provision of HW incentives, providing medical commodities, and technical support. Support will focus on maternal and child health to improve access to antenatal and postnatal care for pregnant women and their babies.
- This study will be conducted at the end of the project to assess the extent to which SCI if the project met tits outcomes as stipulated in the logframe as well as to measure the impact of the project . It will build upon surveys, and/or other studies previously conducted.
The study team will be required to propose how the primary audience will be involved throughout the evaluation process and how evaluation findings will be shared with each of the different stakeholders in the table above, particularly outlining how reporting back to communities, beneficiaries and children will be conducted in an accessible and child friendly manner.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Capability to present the study based on TOR during interview through PPT and findings at end of evaluation.
- Review project documents
- Submit the inception report.
- Getting approval on the tools from authorities.
- Development and review of data collection tools.
- Ensure data collection, entry and analysis.
- Debrief on preliminary findings at both field office and country office
- Submission of the draft evaluation report for review – as per SC format and considering SCI quality scoring.
- Submission of final evaluation report and datasets
- Dissemination of findings to experts and national stakeholders.
- Seek clearance, authorization and approvals from all relevant authorities.
The expected outputs of this evaluation are as follows:
- Power point presentation for the TOR during interview.
- Inception report (not exceeding 30 pages)
- methods and tools
- data sets
- Final report. (with an executive summary of max 2 pages)
- Power point presentation of the findings (not exceeding 15 slides)
- Presentation of findings to key stakeholders
Interested candidates should submit an expression of interest which will include:
A technical proposal: The technical proposal should briefly and clearly describe the following aspects; Understanding of the task, Technical aspect of the proposal, Methodology (Evaluation strategy, Sampling design, Data collection tools, Data Processing & Analysis, Data quality control measures and timelines or operational plan)
The study deliverables and tentative timeline (subject to the commencement date of the study) are outlined below. Head of MEAL and MEAL specialist will agree on final milestones and deadlines at the inception phase.
Deliverables and Tentative Timeline
Deliverable / Milestones Timeline The study Team is contracted and commences work The study Team will facilitate a workshop with the relevant stakeholders at the commencement of the project to develop the inception report.
The study Team will submit an inception report* in line with the provided template, including:
- Study objectives, scope and key study questions
- description of the methodology, including design, data collection methods, sampling strategy, data sources, and study matrix against the key study questions
- data collection, analysis and reporting plan
- caveats and limitations of study
- risks and mitigation plan
- ethical considerations including details on consent
- stakeholder and children communication and engagement plan
- key deliverables, responsibilities, and timelines
- resource requirements
- data collection tools (in line with the study matrix), calibration and it's validation plan
- Once the report is finalised and accepted, the evaluator/researcher study team must submit a request for any change in strategy or approach to the study manager or the steering committee.
Ethics submission (if applicable):
Should approval from a Human Research Ethics Committee be required, an ethics submission should include:
- study protocols (participant recruitment, data security and storage, consent and confidentiality etc.)
- considerations for consulting with children and other vulnerable groups (if applicable)
- participant information statement and consent forms
Final data collection tools (in the report language):
- Survey instrument
- Data collection mechanism
An [Power Point Presentation] including a summary of formative findings from the study. The focus will be on:
- Summary of interim findings
- Any emerging program issues or risks (if applicable)
- Any changes that have had to be made to the study design (if applicable)
- Key tasks for the next stage of the study and any proposed refinements or changes to methodology (if applicable)
A Study Report* (Draft Version – template available if useful though external actors may want to use theirs) including the following elements:
- Executive summary
- Background description of the Program and context relevant to the Study
- Scope and focus of the study
- Overview of the study methodology and data collection methods, including a Study matrix
- Findings aligned to each of the key Study questions
- Specific caveats or methodological limitations of the evaluation
- Conclusions outlining implications of the findings or learnings
- Annexes (Project logframe, study ToR, Inception Report, Study schedule, List of people involved)
A consolidated set of feedback from key stakeholders will be provided by Save The Children within 1 weeks of the submission of the draft report.
Data and analyses including all encrypted raw data, databases and analysis outputs Final Study Report* incorporating feedback from consultation on the Draft Study Report
Knowledge translation materials:
- PowerPoint presentation of Study findings
- Evidence to Action Brief**
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The following qualifications and skills are expected of the lead consultancy:
Assigned staff must have:
- An advanced university degree in public health/ health systems management or related health field.
- At least 7 years’ experience in the area of health, nutrition, WASH, food assistance (and Child Protection).
- Technical expertise in evaluation, preferably integrated interventions mainly health, nutrition, WASH, Food Assistance and Protection programs in chronic emergency contexts;
- Previous experience in MEAL, including conducting end-of-project evaluations for large-scale projects
- Thorough understanding of data collection methods
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative methods
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluency in English is a must, fluency in Arabic (preferred) is an added advantage;
- Experience/knowledge on gender-sensitive programming
- Understanding of child safeguarding and child participation procedures
- Experience of working in the middle east and/ or Yemen is a plus
- International firm with branches located in Sana’a
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
Finance Reporting CoordinatorDeadline:28 Nov | Sana'a
MEAL Officer – Real project World Bank (WB)Deadline:29 Nov | Ibb
MEAL data collectors Incentive worker (36)Deadline:28 Nov | Sa'adah
Director of Staff Safety Access and LiaisonDeadline:29 Nov | Sana'a
Finance & Admin AssistantDeadline:03 Dec | Hadramout