Senior Project Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Senior Project Officer
Job Location: Hadramout – Sayoun with regular visits to Al-Aber
Report to: Program Coordinator
Duration: 6 Months
Announcement Closing Date: 27/09/2022
The Field Medical Foundation (FMF) has been operating in Yemen for since 2012 during even the most dangerous peak of the conflict in the region. Our staff of dedicated professionals and passionate volunteers are the helping hand that delivers aid from local and/or international partners to those who require it the most, in a country that was already suffering before the war. Today we have helped humanitarian aid reach the hands of more than 9 million vulnerable people in Yemen to help them not only to survive but also to rebuild their lives. We aim to provide a comprehensive approach to providing aid through interventions, which is why we work in almost all sectors of international emergency relief.
*FMF provides work environment which is free of sexual exploitation and abuse, discrimination, and all forms of harassment and abuse of the foundation.
*However, all selected candidates will undergo a detailed reference and background check.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Senior Education officer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and management for the project. S/he is also responsible for project inputs, support program strategy, external representation and coordination with the project’s counterparts, donor, and Government authorities. S/he will be responsible for plan, execute, and manage project according to strict deadlines and within the allocated budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the project according to its plan. S/he will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Needs Analysis and Program Design:
- When required, assist in needs assessments – both internal, joint or IA assessments, Situation Analysis as appropriate.
- Participate actively in developing an Education and child rights governance strategy.
- Developing Education proposals and share ideas and technical recommendations when required.
- With Support of the program Coordinator developing, implementing and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results; this includes planning of activities, budget and procurement in coordination with FMF departments.
- Develop detailed implementation plans and ensure that the plans are being implemented according to the budget, time, and quality parameters of FMF.
- Raise and follow up the Procurement Requests to avoiding potential delays in coordination with respective operational and technical departments.
- Develop the expenditure plan in coordination with Finance departments, monitor financial and accounting transactions, make sure everything is in line with budget, and report in time and according to donor-relevant templates and systems.
- Develop the project’s weekly and monthly work plans and support project staff in preparing individual weekly work plans and review their performance on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Oversee the technical implementation of the Education project and ensure the timely delivery of the project’s activities with Quality.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately planned, and that delays and constraints are documented on a timely basis and that solutions are identified.
- Develop the weekly movement plan and submit them to the operation department.
- Ensure that reports of activities, Means of Verification and materials to be delivered are sent on time, as required by specific dates and deadlines, communicating them in advance to the staff in charge;
- Coordinate with field team and MEAL to ensure the high quality of project deliverables.
- Oversee the timely and quality submission of all deliverables, including monthly, quarterly and annual narrative progress reports, annual work plans, performance indicators, and regular results reporting as needed, in addition to overall quality control.
- Play a leading and substantive role in developing and implementing program activities.
- Ensure all pending deliverables and tasks are completed in time.
- Work in coordination with the MoE to ensure that all the reset plans actions and recommendations are implemented in time.
- Support on preparation of annual project documents such as annual implementation plans, MEAL plans, budgets and budget narratives.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with relevant local authorities, PTAs, community leaders, and other relevant key stakeholders such as INGOs, local NGOs, and community-based organizations in the implementation of education projects in Hadramout Gov.
- In collaboration with all relevant education personnel, engage with children and adolescents to effectively monitor the implementation and impact of the project on children’s issues, including issues of education access and quality.
- Foster collaborative, transparent and accountable relationships with partners.
- Use negotiation and conflict resolution skills to support positive outcomes of the project.
- Represent FMF in a professional manner in programming matters with MoE, MoSAL, MOPIC, Protection and Education cluster, INGOs/NGOs and communities and participates in relevant meetings with these partners.
- Work closely with the Education Cluster coordinators to ensure all the education interventions and activities are reported and represented at the YEC level.
People Management, development and capacity building
- Strategically plan staffing needs to implement the program, supporting the timely recruitment, orientation, and training of new staff as required especially for project assistants and the community mobilizers.
- Technical management and supervision of the Project’s staff to ensure that they have clear objectives and received meaningful feedback on their performance.
- On job support and training for the Project’s staff and to ensure they are supported to undertake regular activities and other technical trainings on education.
- Ensure that staff understand their responsibilities and duties.
- Provide technical and operational support to the project’s staff and volunteers.
- Facilitate training for staff according to identified and prioritized needs.
- Ensure staff and volunteers understand Child Safeguarding policy and report any concerns.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and learning
- Working closely with MEAL team, implements M&E systems in project sites.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits according to requirements and plans, ensure quality of FMF’s program reporting and flag any concerns to the Program Coordinator.
- Support the Project’s staff to ensure that the project has reliable, verifiable and timely data.
- Coordinate for regular and timely updating of the Project’s data on the ERP system and offline IPTT and MEAL plan.
- Comply with FMF’S policies and practices with respect to Child Protection and safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Be able to access and analyze key issues in the humanitarian situation and formulate actions around them.
- Actively engage in disaster coordination mechanisms and interagency cooperation; support the development of an organizational response based on an understanding of the contexts.
- Take appropriate, coordinated and consistent actions to handle situations of personal risks and risks for others.
- Qualified Education professional with 2 - year of experience in managing and implementing Education programs.
- A minimum of a high school.
- Proven expertise in some of the following areas: community development (including mobilization and planning) and teacher training and mentoring.
- Experience of networking and working collaboratively with other development partners
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work within a team
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Computer skills in word and excel, preferably full Microsoft Office Suite
- Sound knowledge of Child Protection principles, policies and programs
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل