CP Case Management Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: CP Case Management Assistant
- Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
- Department: Child Protection
- Location: Abyan
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through a local partnership in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment. These sectors are responding to food insecurity, cholera and other humanitarian needs within the displaced populations
Scope of work:
The CP case management assistant will conduct all steps of the case management process for an assigned number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence (especially UASC and CAAFAG) and their families in this process and responsible for ensuring accurate and quality delivery of interventions in Abyan
This position will be responsible to conduct all steps of the Case Management process in mobile centers and TFCs for an assigned number of individual children exposed to malnutrition, and their families. CW will ensure children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual CM support by completing documentation, assessments, action plans, direct service provision, referrals, and follow-up, also will provide support in the process of CM, and collaborate with other caseworkers and service providers on management of caseload and referrals.
The CM Assistant will work closely with the Community-Based Child Protection Committee , partners and work closely with health, Nutrition and WPE teams to cultivate collaboration and also report directly to case management officer.
- Promote and actively participate in initiatives and efforts to build team engagement, inclusion, and cohesion in IRC.
- Foster ongoing learning, honest dialogue, and reflection to strengthen safeguarding and to promote IRC values and adherence to IRC policies.
- Provide individual case management for children in the mobile centers and camps and ensure accurate documentation of case files based on CM steps, related tools, and procedures, while provide ongoing support to families.
- Participate and support the identification of children harmed or at risk of harm.
- Provide input for weekly and activity reports.
- Directly communicate efficiently with other caseworkers to advocate, collaborate, and make referrals according to the best interests of children.
- Regularly attend case management meetings and relevant case conferences at field level.
- In addition to the case management team, collaborate closely with other members of the Child Protection team, ensuring smooth coordination and referrals.
- Promptly report concerns or incidents to IRC management and collaborate closely with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/improve the security environment for IRC programs.
- Actively engage in all capacity building opportunities including formal trainings, on-the-job mentoring, and peer to peer sessions.
- Ensure accurate documentation and compilation of Case Management in accordance with case management
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities):
- Technical diploma or degree in social work, human rights, or related degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience implementing child protection programs, preferably social work, or case management, in humanitarian or development settings.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven understanding of working with Adolescents, children, and particularly vulnerable children.
- Validated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children.
- Personal qualities: Team leader, flexible, strong interpersonal skills with children, caregivers, analytical skills, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Proficiency in Arabic.
- Written and spoken English is an advantage.
The position will be based in Abyan with frequent visit to the mobile field sites Professional Standards
The IRC and IRC workers must make sure to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.IRC strives to build a diverse and inclusive team at all levels who as individuals, and as a group, embody our culture statement creating a working environment characterized by critical reflection, power sharing, debate, and objectivity for us to achieve our aspirations as a team and deliver the best possible services to our clients.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل