Field Assistant (Shelter) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Field Assistant (Shelter)
- Duration: 8 Months
- Location: Hajjah
- Reporting to: Field Project Officer
- Deadline of submission: 22/09/2023
BCHR is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2015.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, Shelters Field Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Shelters' activities implementation, participating in the field level activities implementation "assessments, verifications, distributions, and day-to-day data collection and reporting". The Shelter Field Assistant will be based in Hajja Office with frequently travel visits to the activities implementation's areas.
Responsibilities, Tasks & Duties:
- Coordination with related stakeholders and related local authority to implement the project activities in the targeted district.
- Built a good relationship with related stakeholders at district level
- Participate in the activities of stakeholders at targeted district
- Resolve the issues raised in the field with participation of related authorities
- Supervision of implementation of the targeting and registration exercise and assessment according to the mechanism and plan of project in the target district
- Ensure establish community committee and targeting and selecting beneficiaries based on project criteria and mechanism
- Supervision of training and scale up the field staff capacity to conduct the project activities effectively and efficiently at district level
- Responsible for implementation of training and awareness session to stakeholders, community committees, beneficiaries on donor interventions, BCHR’s roles and project activities; targeting criteria, registration & registration exercise, mechanism of distribution assistance in the project
- Ensure participation of stakeholder and targeted communities in the project activities
- Oversee establishment of distribution sites or activity locations and their team at district level
- Manage the risks and challenges, those could be occurred during project activities in order to deliver the assistance to beneficiary safety and dignity
- Represent BCHR in the meeting, workshop, or other occasions with stakeholders/ authorities..etc at the target district.
- Support the MEAL project staff to conduct the M&E activities
- Response to observations and complaints raised by M&E unit/staff in timely and proper manner
- Prepare the daily, weekly, monthly, reports required in the project
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the Project Manager
- Any other tasks assigned by the direct supervisor
The role of the Shelters Field Assistant is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with BCHR’s vision and mission. As such, the Shelters Field Assistant is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to BCHR integrated project and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
Experiences, Qualifications and Abilities
- University degree in Business Management or other relevant qualifications.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working as a Field assistant.
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting with NGO.
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills (written, oral, cross – cultural)
- Good knowledge about key donor regulations.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and wise manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of BCHR
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Commitment to the values and principles of BCHR.
- Good English language skill.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works will with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل