Civil Engineer - Sana’a This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Civil Engineer - Sana’a
Job Posting: 29/Apr/2022
Closure Date: 14/May/2022, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FNYAR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'A
Duration: (38 days) (with possibility of extension)
Post Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Civil Engineers – will be under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Yemen, general supervision of Head of Agriculture and Rural Development unit and under the technical and direct supervision of the Deseret Locust Project Manager and under the technical guidance of CSLI and Lead Technical Officer, the incumbent will facilitate compliance of the projects technical standards of FAO and donors, and coordinating the required inputs from the Project Implementation Teams.
The incumbents will develop the technical documentation for the design and/or refurbishment of 5 desert locust centers DLC’s and two fish landing sites with assigned committees from MAI, MAIF and in target governorates. The work of the consultants will be guided by the FAO technical standards and donor guidelines and the project Environmental and Social Management Framework. Each civil engineer will be assigned to conduct the tasks per each governorate.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct field visits and prepares technical assessment of construction and rehabilitation interventions for 5 DLC’s with assigned committees from MAI and MAIF in target governorates including Sana’a, Hodeidah, Aden, Shabwah and Hadhramout and fish landing sites in Al Hawak district Al Hodeida Governorate and in Bir Ali in Radum districts Shabwah Governorate.
- Assess the current condition of the assigned sites to identify defects/problems. The assessment should cover the major areas including building Site (plumping, paving, electrical), building Envelope (Windows and Walls), interior Elements (architectural and finishing’s), Mechanical (Ventilation, and Air Conditioning).
- Prepare bills of quantities with cost estimate with material specifications for the required works.
- Prepare all the required designs, drawings and technical specifications.
- Identify scope of works with the timeline needed for the implementation.
- Ensure the need assessment, BOQs. Cost estimate, the design and drawings including all the requirement (Civil, architectural, electrical and mechanical).
- Ensure all technical inputs and cost estimates related to the construction components are accurate, timely provided and included in the project proposals and budgets.
- Ensure the Technical documents based on national and international standards and codes of practice and based on the mandatory safety and health requirements.
- Ensure in the design process the environmental social framework of FSRRP and DLRP.
- Cooperate with the General Authority for Red Sea fisheries and General Authority for fisheries and other Local Authorities in targeted district, Governorate to provide information on the location of the landing site in the Governorate and its situation (level of damages).
- Cooperate with the MAI, MAIF, MFW and Tihama Development Authority (TDA) and other Local Authorities in targeted Governorates to provide information on the location of desert locust centres and fish landing sites.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the area of engineering design, technical assessment, constructions and provision of engineering advisory services;
- Good communication skills are essential, both verbal and written, with excellent command of English.
- National of Yemen.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Proven knowledge and skills design of civil work and cost estimation.
- Deep technical knowledge of standards and principles of international construction contracts and business processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in the management of contracts within FIDIC Red Book standards.
- Experience in working with/contracted by international development organizations for similar assignments;
- Knowledge of computer-aided design programs, AutoCAD required and Structural Analysis programs
- Good communication skills are essential, both verbal and written, with excellent command of English
- The incumbent must have the ability to build effective working relationships with national and international colleagues, with different cultural and technical background
- Proven abilities in provision of advisory services in the area of supervision of constructions;
- Proven ability to plan, work and deliver agreed deadlines;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomatic skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and to present ideas clearly and effectively;
- The incumbent should have relevant experience, proven ability technical specialty to perform the tasks in accordance with highest standards and ensuring quality outputs.
- Relevant qualifications and professional experience in the area of design, constructions and provision of engineering advisory services;
- Experience in conducting assessment for project of similar nature.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English and Arabic
- The incumbent must possess teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل