Reporting and Communications Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Reporting and Communications Officer
Department: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
Reports to: MEAL Director
Location: Aden, Yemen
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable people. The mission of Global Communities is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a multi-year program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities in five governorates in Yemen, including Aden, Abyan, Lahj, and Taiz. The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Reporting and Communications Officer is a key position in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) department of the YCST. Under the supervision of the MEAL Director, with support from the Knowledge Learning and Communications Specialist, the Reporting and Communications Officer works with other members of the MEAL department and YCST technical teams to ensure that data and information is transformed into reports and other products for external communication. The Officer is expected to perform the below responsibilities and other duties as assigned. These duties are representative of the nature of work and not all-inclusive.
- Support the implementation of YCST’s communication strategy, and in support of communicating and promoting program objectives, informing stakeholders, and branding to increase program support.
- Develop location specific work plan to achieve the objectives of the YCST communication strategy.
- In collaboration with the MEL Manager, develop mechanism for monitoring the communication strategy.
- Coordinates with the YCST technical teams on the compilation of performance and activity reports for monthly, quarterly and annual donor reporting.
- Undertakes in-country report reviews and ensures that all reports, including assessment reports and donor reports, are written in a clear and concise language.
- Copyedits, reviews, and marks all external communication documents to ensure correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, and usage.
- Provide guidance and support to project team and partner staff on donor identity and visibility requirements, and ensure regulations are implemented. Oversee procurement of public communication materials and ensure their compliance with USAID branding and marking guidelines.
- With other members of the MEAL department and YCST technical teams, regularly develop and issue program status materials, leaflets, brochures etc. that portray the achievements and status of the project, aimed at different audiences.
- Undertake field visits as appropriate to collect and produce human interest stories (success stories from the field, carry out interviews with staff and beneficiaries in the field and remain up to date on the unfolding context).
- Collaborate with the Knowledge, Communication and Learning Specialist in the production of communications materials (videos, photos, success stories, case studies, etc.) and ensure that they appropriately reflect program objectives and USAID branding strategy.
- Provide support to Global Communities Headquarters Communications department in updating YCST information on the Global Communities website including updating the home page, publishing success stories, helping to keep the newsroom up-to-date, and updating the photo galleries as needed.
- Ensure active engagement and posting of YCST information on the social media as directed by the MEAL Director and in close concert with the HQ/Communications Team.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, all team members are expected to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit YCST as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries/Participants
- YCST team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries/participants and to international standards, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and GC policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations, with minimum 3 years of experience in in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications. Previous experience in USAID programs is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- Field work experience and background/familiarity with emergency situations is an asset.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, high level of conceptual and strategic thinking as well as writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare/review complex technical reports and deliver effective oral presentations
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From December 2021 until May 2022, with possibility of extension.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل