PSS Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: PSS Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 10 Months
The PSS Officer works to identify and address the psychosocial needs of IDPs, which may include trauma, anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues. They also develop and implement psychosocial support programs and activities, such as counseling, group therapy, and recreational activities, to promote the healing and well-being of IDPs. Additionally, the PSS Officer may engage in community outreach and mobilization efforts to raise awareness of psychosocial issues and promote community-based support mechanisms. The PSS Officer may also work closely with other actors in the protection sector, such as the Legal Counsellor and the Protection Officer, to ensure a holistic and coordinated approach to IDP protection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opening a file, recording the data of all the cases that need psychological support, and documenting them.
- Conducting interviews and providing psychological counseling to the internally displaced people on a daily basis when necessary and as needed.
- Entering data about future cases referred to the database and sending them to the database administrator on a weekly basis.
- Refer PoCs to external services, clinics, and mental health service providers for treatment and medication as necessary, and follow-up on the referrals.
- Conduct mapping of MHPSS existing services, regularly update it, and maintain a productive working relationship with MHPSS actors.
- Support the development of guidance documents, training, and awareness materials and conduct a training session on PFA for field staff.
- Provide the needs of children and families with psychological problems that have been transferred from the project members or that are monitored during field visits.
- Ensure that all necessary documents for the case needing psychological support are completed and maintained in a regular archiving system.
- Involve children and targeted families in all the steps of referral management and interventions, including the effectiveness of these steps to eliminate the risks of referral.
- Evaluate the psychological and mental capabilities according to the need of the situation, using the necessary measures and choices.
- Provide psychological support to children and families exposed to conflict disturbances.
- Maintain complete confidentiality and maintain the privacy of the case when writing notes and reports.
- Work to provide family counseling support, educate parents about the problems they suffer from, and work to improve their management of them.
- Prepare a weekly schedule for the community awareness plan for the project with the diversification of effective and positive awareness activities.
- Prepare and implement intervention plans for children and targeted families.
- Field visit, organizing and following up advisory sessions, and archiving up-to-date.
- Referral referrals in coordination with all departments (protection - legal - data management) on an ongoing basis and reflected in the weekly and monthly reports.
- Update regularly the Protection officer on the PSS support, achievement, and gaps and closely coordinate with the case manager on GBV cases and with social workers with CP cases and other persons with specific needs.
- Follow-up of referrals in the case management system for each case until its closure with all documents supporting the closure.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports.
- Any other tasks assigned by the project manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or any related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Working experience in direct PSS provision and working with humanitarian Beneficiaries; experience in working with children is an asset.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent writing, listening, and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
مسئول تسويق و مبيعات وتطوير أعمالDeadline:27 Sep | Yemen
Travel Agency ManagerDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
Sales Representative (Tourism) - Insurance Experience PreferredDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
Internal AuditDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
HR Manager - مدير الموارد البشريةDeadline:30 Sep | Sana'a