Technical Director RMNCH - Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The following provides guidance on development of role profiles.
This guidance should be used when completing the template. (Please use font Gill Sans MT size 11)
TITLE: Technical Director RMNCH - Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health.
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Operation
LOCATION: Yemen Country Office – Sana’a or Aden
CONTRACT LENGTH: 01 YEAR
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is seeking a Technical Director, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) for the Yemen Round under the Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health Services, Voluntary Family Planning, and Reproductive Health Care (MNCH/FP/RH) to Scale (MOMENTUM) Annual Program Statement. The Yemen Round will improve maternal, newborn, and child health outcomes in at least 20 Republic of Yemen Government (ROYG) districts by focusing USG assistance on improved access, utilization and quality of high impact RMNCH services in selected governorates of the country.
The RMNCH Technical Director will provide technical oversight and direction of the RMNCH technical team. They will support the program to ensure the delivery of high quality integrated RMNCH health interventions at the community and facility level and ensure that project activities align with relevant international standards and national RMNCH policies, strategies and plans. They will provide leadership and technical guidance in the development, implementation and evaluation of RMNCH activities. Under the leadership of the Chief of Party (COP), the RMNCH Technical Director will work to ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the project team, the Ministry of Public Health and Population and (MoPHP), and partners, support the design of service delivery strategies based on sound, current scientific evidence.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Chief of Party
Staff reporting to this post: NA
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- In collaboration with the COP, ensure that the program is delivered according to donor and government requirements (i.e., that all activities and deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale and budget, reports are submitted per agreed schedules, and any other requirements or criteria are fulfilled).
- Provide overall technical direction and guidance for the team in designing and delivering RMNCH interventions.
- Develop and regularly update detailed annual work plans and ensure these are used by the team appropriately to monitor progress towards completion and achievement of program objectives.
- Working closely with the COP and other project staff, ensure technical alignment, quality, and timely submission of programmatic reports for the donor, government, and Save the Children.
- Work with program staff, Save the Children Technical Advisors, and consortium partners to identify the technical support needs of the program and ensure this support is provided.
- Monitor country-level activities, identify challenges, and develop appropriate reporting and results of project activities for the COP including progress and annual reports.
- Mentor, strengthen capacity and supervise direct reports to achieve their work plan objectives, and to contribute to the achievement of the overall program goals.
- Maintain good working relationships with officials, government ministries, implementing partners, and the international and local NGO community.
- Attend and actively participate in periodic program meetings and ensure summaries of progress and challenges are prepared and presented with follow-up actions as required.
- Represent SC and project team on national and international forums to disseminate and advance knowledge on RMNCH services.
- Engage with the health cluster and other country level forums.
- Serve as the technical/knowledge hub for RMNCH and oversee the project role in providing leadership at the national, regional, and district levels.
- Collaborate with other technical specialties to achieve coverage and equity results by promoting evidence-based programs to scale.
- Identify training needs for the purpose of capacity building, sustainability of program, and promotion/expansion of coverage of services.
- Integrate the project team with the Save the Children Yemen Country Office to ensure coordination with and support by the Country Office systems and staff.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Master’s degree in Global Health, Public Health, or International Development or a Medical Degree is ideal; Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- At least 10 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, managing, and implementing RMNCH health programming in developing countries involving multiple stakeholders and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in building community and MOH capacity to provide quality integrated RMNCH health services.
- Demonstrated experience training and mentoring facility-level technical staff on high-impact RMNCH interventions.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the Yemeni healthcare system.
- Experience working in the humanitarian–development nexus supporting health programs.
- Experience working in humanitarian settings and/or fragile health systems.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English and Arabic.
- Familiarity with USAID or other USG administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems.
Qualified Yemeni nationals and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل