Business Development Specialist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
New Business and Proposal Development Specialist - (230002H6) (for Yemeni Nationals)
“The applications received in the previous announcement will be taken forward along with the applications received from this announcement. Therefore, the candidate who applied before doesn’t need to re-submit the application”.
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
- The New Business and Proposal Development Specialist is part of the Award and Resource Mobilization team, and will act as a co/focal person in the new business and proposal development process.
- This position assists to deliver overall Resource Mobilization (RM) and New Business Development (NBD) functions with the role in donor relations management, in-country donors’ engagement and scoping and identification of new funding opportunities and leads in development and submission of concept notes, proposals, in the CO covering mainly following aspects;
- acts as a focal person for in-country donors, scoping of partnership, funding analysis, engage and assess the funding opportunities and contribute to develop the funding and engagement strategies,
- act as a focal person in the assigned proposal development process which includes: design and lead on the proposal development cycle, provide inputs in the writing as a co-writer, editor and submission, and
- leads coordination between technical and other functions to ensure proposals are developed in line with programme needs and all submissions to donors reflect SC quality and technical standards.
- This position will contribute to conduct funding trends analysis, development of a funding strategy, fund raising strategic plan and facilitate structured donor engagement.
- The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow our portfolio strategically and sustainably.
- Learn more about what it is like to be in this role in Save the Children International.
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children on this role you will need to demonstrate:
- At least three years of experience in proposal development with excellent writing/editing capabilities and strong analytical/critical thinking skills, ideally in a child protection, education, food security, health & nutrition etc. thematic sectors.
- Have at least a Bachelor degree or higher qualification in social studies, communications, international development, or other relevant fields.
- Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities, excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Excellent representation, presentation and communication skills, and ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the experience of proposal development for US and UK government programming, SIDA, DANIDA, ECHO, BMZ, UN agencies etc.
- Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to work well under pressure, multiple deadlines, handle and use constructive feedback in order to make needed changes to proposals, fundraising strategies etc.
- Able to work well both within a team and independently in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل