Project Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Project Assistant - Yemen (National)
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call’s mission is to ensure that armed groups and de facto authorities (AGDA) respect International Humanitarian Law and basic humanitarian principles in the areas where they fight or they control.
Geneva Call has been engaged in Yemen since 2008 remotely and since 2017 with presence in the field to promote humanitarian norms among armed actors and communities.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and Project Officer, the Project Assistant contributes to the operations of Geneva Call in Yemen by:
- Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting project implementation, ensuring quality and results by Providing support to projects implementation, guaranteeing quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
The implementation and management of project(s) in accordance to the work plan, budget(s), donor requirements and internal procedures:
I. Planning, Coordination & Reporting
- Assist Project officer in preparing report on all project expenses of budgets and available funding, including supporting documents.
- Support the Project officer in quality assurance of project implementation and monitoring in accordance with - Geneva Call and donor work plans, budget and procedures;
- Manage safe-keeping of information and knowledge, including filing of programme documents and materials;
- Report relevant activities to Project officer to better encode activities reports into KOBO system;
- Assisting Project officer to prepare meeting minutes, field mission reports and risk assessment;
- Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in meetings or training.
II. Communications & External relations
- Provide material (photos, videos, stories from the field) about the project and timely reports to showcase project outcomes and achievements;
- Support implementation of communications strategy including activities, campaigns, events and other initiatives;
- Develop Publications and printing material for the Yemen Programme.
III. Other Duties
- Attend and represent Geneva Call as required at conferences, seminars, and other forum of interest to the organization.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Providing the necessary logistical and administrative support for program activities.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Education and experience
- Completed Degree of in law/administration or relevant field;
- At least 1 years in a humanitarian/human rights/protection organization working in province and districts;
- Experience with international organizations is preferred;
- Knowledge about the Yemeni context.
- IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, email, KOBO);
- Experience in communication;
- Demonstrable knowledge of issues of humanitarian affairs and humanitarian framework and capacity for in-depth analysis;
- Experience in advocacy developing professional relationships with various stakeholder including armed actors and civil society and working in a neutral and objective manner.
- Required: excellent command in Arabic and English.
- Understanding and respect for organizational principles, vision, mission and confidentiality;
- Strong logic and organizational skills, flexibility and adaptability to change;
- Ability to take responsibility, proactive and efficient functioning, strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team and multicultural environment;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Accuracy and reliability, ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Drive for results.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the GC Performance Management p. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position : Project Assistant
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract (National position)
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Aden, Yemen
- Preferred start date: As soon as possible
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 1 week ago
Deadline: 07 Jun. 2023