Safety, Security, and government liaison Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.
Position: Safety, Security, and government liaison Coordinator
Contract Length: 12 months
The post holder will play a key role in building capacity at field level, and in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children emergency programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children. The Security Coordinator will provide support on a range of tasks related to safety and security needs of staff and the programmes in the Duty station governorate where SCI has operations to maintain an effective security management system in accordance with Save the Children standards. He will work under the direction of Field Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Assess threat, risk, vulnerability and make recommendations to FM.
- Undertake safety and security assessments of program areas and potential program areas as requested by FM, and SMT. Report on findings and design necessary improvements.
- Undertake field missions to the program areas and potential program areas whenever needed.
- Conduct award security risk assessment for new awards, be part of the proposal writing stage to ensure appropriate budgeting is accounted for Safety & Security in respect to the mitigation measures needed by the award risk assessment.
- Conduct any assessments (Road Assessment, Facility assessment) upon request.
- Undertake reviews of individual safety and security procedures and policies.
- Provide recommendations to SC staff to enhance SCI acceptance and improve SCI image among host communities and local stakeholders.
- Prepare/maintain/update safety and security management plan (SSMP), Security Risk Analysis (SRA), Contingency plan (CP), Incident Management Plan, and Ensure all Safety & Security mitigation measures suggested in the SRA are implemented (Raise procurement requests as necessary).
- Ensure SCI standard for security, safety and telecommunication are met in accordance to SCI Safety & Security Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Develop security briefing materials for new staff and visitors. Provide security orientation/briefing for newly appointed SC staff and Hajjah Office visitors.
- Ensure all SC staff understand and comply with incident reporting requirements and procedures. Follow-up as necessary, analyse the reported incidents and improve security measures accordingly.
- Collect and disseminate incident report data – make sure that the right people are included in the dissemination
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to effectively disseminate safety and security information and updates of the security situation to SC staff.
- Submit a security updates (including situational analysis, actions taken, and actions recommended) to FM and SMT on a regular basis.
- Ensure that regular safety and security meetings are conducted with relevant SC staff.
- Liaise with administration and logistics offices regarding vehicles movement and facility safety and security. Ensure established standards and procedures are followed
- Assess communications needs and recommend improvements – technological aspect to make sure that all equipment are working and in good condition.
- Represent SCI at interagency safety and security forums.
- Liaise with INGOs, UN, government, and community leaders in the process of gathering and verifying safety and security information on a regular basis.
- Conduct technical trainings for guards and drivers; as per training plan.
- Liaise with the authorities regarding field visits and, in coordination with field manager, to reach a mutual agreement on the best way to implement SCI programs according to the approved SA.
- Liaise with the authorities regarding any concern related to SCI staff, assets, and operations safety and security.
- Act as the security focal point in implementing a contingency plan or managing an incident as guided by the CO SMT or Incident management team(IMT).
- Ensure and follow up that all subordinate staff, and their subordinates, have a clear set of objectives to annually assess and review against their performance; Similarly, Follow up, throughout the year, and ensures fulfilment of the development plan for each team member.
- Develop safety and security capacity building plan for Hajjah staff. Ensure that all staff members have completed the mandatory S&S trainings, and to develop staff members capacity by planning for their development training according to the S&S training matrix.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced level of understanding with the philosophy and mode of operation of NGOs
- Have Experience in working at or supervising Control Room, and skilled in Navigation and Tracking Systems.
- A Bachelor Degree in Development and/or Humanitarianism, Social Sciences, Security Management or any related field.
- Native Arabic speaker and advanced English language skills are necessary.
- Skilled in the use of all MS Office applications and in particular excel.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and experience in training and coaching.
- Experience in liaising with civilian, police, military, government authorities and non-state actors.
- Ability to develop and implement successful training sessions.
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment:
- Full understanding of the security context in Yemen generally; but Hajjah and Amran, SCI Central & North Operational parts of country in particularly.
- Strong analytical capacity, resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of security within programmes and ensuring the most effective support to line management.
- Ability to balance demands by program fluidity and expansion. Maintaining appropriate contextual NGO security advice and coordination.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.
- Experienced in working with geographical mapping software like google earth.
- Experience in working with GIS software applications is a plus.
- Experience in investigating traffic accidents and other safety and security incidents is preferred.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
Finance Reporting CoordinatorDeadline:28 Nov | Sana'a
GFFO Final Evaluation ConsultantDeadline:28 Nov | Hodiedah , Hajjah
MEAL Officer – Real project World Bank (WB)Deadline:29 Nov | Ibb
MEAL data collectors Incentive worker (36)Deadline:28 Nov | Sa'adah
Director of Staff Safety Access and LiaisonDeadline:29 Nov | Sana'a