Communication Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Location: Sana'a & Hodeidah\ Ad Durihmi (with regular travel to other sites).
- Period: 6 months, renewable subject to performance.
- Duty Station: Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO), Sana'a –Yemen.
- Terms: Full Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day), with field visits to the work sites.
- Classification: Grant & communication Management.
- Expected start Date: As soon as possible.
- Job grade: - third degree.
LMMPO; 17 years of diligent engagement in Yemeni humanitarian and Development undertaking, is now regarded as one of the leading organizations in humanitarian response and development as well as development of young people's abilities. Investing and benefiting from the abilities and talents of young people constitutes a passion for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Thus, we have implemented several successful activities and programs that have had a real favorable impact on young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be possible without the support of our teams, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
LMMPO is keen to have a competent candidate to fill the position of Communication officer.
- Responsible for entering and submitting the project reports and required documents electronically in the system.
- Follow up the outputs and ensure their completeness by applying the effective communication using different tools of communications with the related departments
- Participation in attending the meetings of the humanitarian blocs
- Filling out questionnaires related to the humanitarian situation related to the project
- Developing and promoting key hygiene messages within the target locations
- Assist in documenting all project activities including success stories, Preparing and designing various reports for the project, whether: prints or posts for social media, interview beneficiaries during project activities and write success stories of the projects.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Develop, support and promote projects goals, including message development, profile, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Develop strategic plans for communication department.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase projects visibility among stakeholders, donors and beneficiaries.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, donors and beneficiaries, audiences that will help advance projects mission and work.
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them.
- Work closely with leaders and executives to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities.
- Prepare progress, monthly and final report on the achievements of the projects Communication’s objectives.
- Explore recent and new communication strategies that assist achieve projects communication goals.
- Develop communication plans for each project.
- Coordination with relevant departments/staff to contribute to the success and achievement of projects communication objectives
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in the directly related field, such as Journalism, Media/Communications or Literature.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an international NGO, preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, working in communications.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Speaking and Writing).
- Thorough knowledge and experience managing social media accounts.
- Thorough knowledge and experience drafting materials for traditional media.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with photography and videography, including video editing.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Proven ability of using office project system.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Management skills.
- Team management and knowledge transfer. ( Leadership skills).
- decision making
- Representing the LMMPO.
- Ability to provide recommendations to solve problems
- Ability to achieve planned goals.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience Computer skills in using MS & Adobe Photoshop or other relevant programs.
Position Includes: -
- The (Basic salary, Appearance & Transportation Allowances, Social Security, Payroll Tax, Other Benefits (Communications Allowance), Health & Life Insurance.]
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل