Activity Coordinator – Migrants Response Team (MRT) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
INTERSOS Office YEMEN
National Consultancy Position
Position: Activity Coordinator – migrants response team (MRT)
Job site: Abyan
Report to: Project Manager
Status: Full time Staff
Supervises: MRT (Outreach Social Workers, lawyer, Data Entry and volunteers)
Purpose / Objectives:
The Activity Coordinator (AC) is responsible for the overall highquality and timely implementation and reporting of the project activities for INTERSOS’ IOMfunded migrants response project in the targeted area. The AC overseen a migrants response team (MRT).
INTERSOS is implementing mixed migration response and protection monitoring activities for migrants, by running mobile activities.
INTERSOS Migrants Response Teams (MRTs) will be providing protection services and lifesaving assistance to migrants: emergency food, NFIs, psychosocial first aid and awareness (to migrants, refugees and asylum seekers and host community for awareness), in addition to emergency transportation in case of injury and need for medical treatment or safety.
INTERSOS Migrants Response Teams (MRTs) will be conducting protection monitoring activities in the area of coverage, looking into movements of the new arrivals, risk levels in each district in the respective governorate, engage with authorities to raise awareness on legal framework and protection concerns related to refugees/asylum seekers and migrants. Direct/guide migrants to relevant/available services. Collect information and monitor detention sites and prisons where POCs are being detained. Raised awareness on protection concerns and COVID19 for persons of concern.
Project Management and Technical Facilitation:
- With the support and supervision of the Project Manager, the Activities Coordinator is responsible for the qualitative and efficient implementation of the project’s activities in the assigned area and the achievement of targets: planning and supervision of activities delivered by MRT in the field.
- Provide ongoing oversight, leadership, and guidance to the staff teams to ensure that the projects meet high quality and best practice standards and prioritize the safety and security of beneficiaries and staff.
- Flag programmatic, operational and technical constraints to the Project Manager in a timely manner and provide suitable solutions.
- Map and monitor internal and external referral mechanisms and establish links with other stakeholders in the area.
- Ensure quality information collection (direct and indirect) in order to report on trends and changes in protection concerns.
- Ensure complaint and feedback number and hotline numbers are communicate to all beneficiaries
- Ensure the beneficiary satisfaction surveys are regularly conducted on representative sample of the beneficiaries
- Ensure high flexibility of the work plan to reach as many beneficiaries as possible during patrolling upon arrival points.
- Strengthen and ensure communication/coordination among the project team, ensuring that there is a comprehensive link and mainstream between the project and other INTERSOS interventions in the areas, and ensure communication/coordination with other humanitarian actors active in the target area.
- Assist in the staff recruitment process and volunteer identification: participate in interviews
- Ensure regular performance review and quarterly leave management.
- Induct staff on INTERSOS procedures and ensure full understanding of the project scope and goals.
- Ensure staff training needs are timely identified and addressed in collaboration with the project manager and protection team
- Follow HR procedures for all staff, ensuring that all details are sent to the administration in Aden before contracts are signed and staff begin to work.
- Assure monthly volunteer incentives, community leader incentives and staff support documents are timely delivered for monthly payments.
- Report any problems/issues with staff or volunteers.
- Supervise attendance, leaves, internal staff regulations and code of conduct issues.
- Provide weekly/monthly Liquidity Plans to the Project Manager, each Thursday, in accordance with project budget and needs, including expected costs for:
- MRT running cost
- Cost to deliver/implement activities
- Take responsibility for the spending of cash and the clearance of pending expenses with the administration office.
- Ensure that all other relevant administrative & financial documentation (purchase requests, receipts) is completed accurately.
- Plan for monthly and ad hoc procurement, such as refreshments for awareness and NFIs and Food ration Items in collaboration with the logistics department.
- Coordinate the team’s movement on the ground and ensure cost effective use of available resources; share monthly/weekly movement plans or missions.
- Promptly report to and coordinate with the Project Manager and the Logistic (if relevant) for any security and safety issues.
- Attend external coordination meetings on Protection, mixed migration, on behalf of INTERSOS
- Provide inputs for external coordination meetings and feedback on issues raised to the Project Manager
- Ensure weekly and monthly internal meetings with all team staff to listen to staff feedback and inform them of ongoing activities or changes
- Closely coordinate with local authorities to guarantee the smooth implementation of activities. Develop and maintain community outreach and networking with community leaders.
- Provide qualitative & timely monthly reports to the Project Manager(s) giving a comprehensive overview of the achievements and targets reached per activity (activity implementation progress) conducted both by MRT, indicating the challenges and mitigating measures proposed or to be implemented, indicating issues related to HR, and refer to next month’s planning, etc. All reporting should be gender and age disaggregated and provide for breakdown in nationality of the migrants for all activities.
- Overseeing the data entry, ensure the safe and confidential data management, and maintain a database of beneficiaries in a confidential way.
- On an informal basis, report to the Project Manager on trends established, protection concerns raised, and providing updates on the security and political situation.
- Ensure qualitative & timely weekly reports to the Project Manager based on inputs provided by the different team leaders and staff.
- Any other task requested in order to achieve the project’s objectives.
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
Overall, these tasks require:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Full abiding by INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines and respect INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics
- Minimum bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience working with NGO in Yemen
- Experience in team management, supervision of team and motivation of team
- Proven familiarity with mixed migration issues
- Prior knowledge of the area of responsibility (Abyan)
- Demonstrated familiarity with protection language: e.g. case management principles, standards and procedures, terminology
- Proven computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel, word and other data base software, database management skills
- Excellent reporting skills (English)
- Native Arabic Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multicultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan and outputoriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problemsolver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل