Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is looking for a Logistics Assistant (national position):
Position: Logistics Assistant
Location: Aden, Yemen with travels inside Yemen
Contract details: Permanent / Full-time–depending on the grant
Duration: A full time position with a probationary period of 3 months
Starting date: ASAP
The Polish Humanitarian Action’s (PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. We provide humanitarian aid in places where humanitarian crises occur. Our support reaches foremost the most vulnerable to their consequences: women, children, elderly, disabled, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs). In our work we honor the principles of: humanitarianism, impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide aid in response to most severe needs, regardless of nationality, race, religion, social standing or views. We do not engage in political or religious disputes, and do not take sides with any actors in a conflict. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
About PAH Yemen Mission
Our Yemen Mission has been officially established in July 2019 and currently provides humanitarian assistance to 61,572 beneficiaries in Aden and Lahij Governorates in Yemen, as well as to Yemeni refugees in Markazi Refugee Camp in Djibouti. Our needs assessments for future interventions were recently conducted in Aden, Lahij, Ad Dahlee and Taizz Governorates in Yemen.
Position reports to: Head of Operations (HoO), with close cooperation with HQ Logistics Coordinator.
Logistics and Coordination
- Support to all logistics operations related to programme activities including but not limited to: procurement, transport, distribution, warehousing, management of vehicles and assets
- Implementing emergency preparedness operations in scope of logistics
- Cooperating closely with the programme and operations personnel
- Coordinating closely with security and access personnel in planning and managing of daily ground movement
- Developing working relations within the field of logistics
Procurement and Tenders
- Ensuring strict compliance of procurement and tender activities with PAH and its donors policies, regulations and procedures
- Developing best practices to improve the quality and transparency of procurement processes in the PAH Mission in Yemen
- Development, implementation and monitoring of annual and project procurement plans
- Organizing procurement and tender processes including preparation of procurement documentation
- Negotiating conditions of contracts
- Verifying that purchases are cost effective and based on market prices
- Preparing weekly procurement tracker
- Developing and maintaining the list of pre-qualified suppliers and monitoring their performance
- Analysing the procurement processes including identification of challenges in operations and developing lessons learned
- Ensuring timely delivery of procured supplies and materials, including tracking procurement status, payments and warehouse work (when applicable)
- Controlling Mission’s assets including their physical verification and proper transfers to the assigned personnel
- Preparing and maintaining assets registry and inventory
- Managing all vehicles at the PAH Office in Aden including day-to-day movement planning and allocation
- Verifying in coordination with security personnel whether the vehicles meet the safety standards and are adequately equipped
- Following laws and regulations with regard to road movement and vehicle maintenance
- Verifying the actual movement against the submitted logbooks
- Planning and coordinating transportation of materials including preparations of cargo operations and ensuring the offloading of items.
- Ensuring that all the logistics documentation is complete and in line with PAH internal regulations, with particular attention to procurement and tender documentation as well as assets management documentation
- Maintaining storage of logistics documentation in both hard copies and electronic versions
- Audit Functions
- Verifying the adherence of processes to PAH policies, regulations and procedures with regard to procurement, tender, warehousing (when applicable) and assets management
- A Bachelor degree in logistics, supply chain management, procurement or related fields is required. A Master degree would be an asset.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in working with NNGOs / INGOs in a similar position.
- Languages: Excellent command of English and Arabic
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently
- High ethical standards
- High cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with persons from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
How to Apply
Please submit your application form here including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than August 08th 2021.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process before the application end date.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل