CCCM Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: CCCM Assistant
- Duration:10 Months
- Location: Hajjah
- PROJECT REPORTING TO: Project Manager
- Deadline: 22/09/2023
BCHR is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2015.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, CCCM Officer will be responsible for implementing CCCM's activities and participating in the field-level activities implementation. The CCCM Assistant will be based in Hajjah Office
The CCCM Assistant will play an integral part in the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secure and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp. The CCCM Assistant will have the important task of recruiting, coordinating and enhancing camp committees located in each site where the organization works.
- Implement CCCM activities as requested by the Field Project Officer and Project Manager such as but not limited to:
- Responsible for the creation of camp community committees, raising community awareness about the importance and role of camp committees, creation of an electoral system of camp committees, monitoring camp committees success and leading bi-weekly meetings with committees relaying important findings to stakeholders and Field Project Officer /PM.
- Responsible for engaging in host community through meetings with community leaders and integrating such individuals into camp-level coordination meetings.
- Attend to and process information sharing needs received from CCCM cluster, Government Authorities and other partners.
- Assist in promoting community and agencys understanding of different roles and responsibilities implemented by Stakeholders in CCCM.
- Monitor status of the population and prepare service monitoring reports and disseminate the finding to community representatives and the residents of the camp.
- Promote inclusion approaches in implementing activities in the camp including participation of Persons of Specific Needs (PWSNs).
- Assist in ensuring that infrastructural improvement, repair and rehabilitation of camp infrastructure aimed at improving safety and protection of IDPs within the IDP camps are made according to relevant standards and guidelines.
- Identify solutions/strategies that promote community participation in care and maintenance activities in the camp and support to create/support care and maintenance committees
- Attend and facilitate meetings with stakeholders, such as local authorities, NGOs, INGOs, UN, and IDPs, including translation of meeting proceedings.
- Promote the camp population's self-reliance and ownership of decision-making processes by identifying strategies and project-cycle stages where the camp community should be involved.
- Liaise with local authorities, camp committees, partners and other stakeholders in ensuring that activities and camp supervision exercise are aligned with needs of the camp.
- Communicate with camp community about needs/gaps/constraints in the camps.
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Any other tasks as requested by Field Project Officer/PM.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering, Architectural, Community Development, Project Planning and Management any other related .
- Minimum of two years of relevant project experience; Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector.
- Results-oriented attitude, with the ability to establish and supervise technical lines, promote communication, knowledge sharing and culture of learning and manage multiple work streams while ensuring quality.
- Understanding and experience in project monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Commitment to participatory and inclusive methods of working.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل