Partnerships and Advocacy Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. SDF has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
- Posted vacancy: Partnerships and Advocasy Coordinator
- Location: Main Office
- Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
- Position Type: Full-time contract.
- Position reporting to: TBD.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Post date:Sep17th, 2023
- Closing date:Sep23rd, 2023
- Number of Positions: 1
We are seeking a Partnerships and Advocacy Coordinator to provide overall coordination and management of partnerships and advocacy activities for the organization and consortium. The coordinator will play a crucial role in facilitating communication and collaboration between the NGOs, ensuring that each member is informed and involved in advocacy initiatives. The coordinator will also monitor and report on progress, build relationships with external stakeholders, identify fundraising opportunities, and prepare regular progress reports.
The objective of the Partnerships and Advocacy Coordinator is to provide overall coordination and management of partnerships and advocacy activities for the consortium. The coordinator will facilitate communication and collaboration between the NGOs, monitor progress, build relationships with external stakeholders, identify fundraising opportunities, and prepare regular progress reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1-Coordination and Management:
- Provide overall coordination and management of partnerships and advocacy activities, ensuring alignment with the agreed-upon workplan and budget.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration between the 9 NGOs, ensuring their active involvement in advocacy initiatives.
- Monitor progress against the workplan and budget, and proactively address any issues or challenges that arise.
2- Partnership Building:
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including donors, government officials, and other organizations, to promote the consortium and its advocacy objectives.
- Identify and pursue partnership opportunities that align with the consortium's goals and enhance its advocacy efforts.
- Collaborate with consortium members to develop and implement partnership strategies that maximize the impact and reach of the consortium's advocacy activities.
3- Advocacy and Fundraising:
- Work with the consortium members to identify advocacy opportunities that align with the consortium's objectives, and support the development and implementation of advocacy strategies.
- Collaborate with the consortium members to identify fundraising opportunities and support their implementation to ensure the sustainability of the consortium's activities.
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing activities among consortium members to enhance their collective impact.
- Prepare and submit regular progress reports to the consortium members and other stakeholders as required, providing updates on the consortium's partnerships and advocacy activities, achievements, and challenges.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- bachelor's degree in a relevant field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in partnerships, advocacy, project management, coordination, or related areas.
- Proven experience in managing and coordinating partnerships and advocacy projects, preferably in the NGO or development sector.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, monitor progress, and report on project outcomes.
- Knowledge of fundraising, advocacy, and knowledge-sharing strategies and tactics.
- Fluency in Arabic and English and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل