WASH Engineer (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
WASH Engineer (2)
- Location: Hodeidah -Ad Durihmi (with regular travel to other sites).
- Period:7 months, renewable subject to performance.
- Duty Station: Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO), Sana'a –Yemen.
- Terms: Full Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day), with field visits to the work sites.
- Classification: Programs & Projects Management.\WASH Sector
- Expected start Date: As soon as possible.
- Job grade: - Third degree.
LMMPO; 17 years of diligent engagement in Yemeni humanitarian and Development undertaking, is now regarded as one of the leading organizations in humanitarian response and development as well as development of young people's abilities. Investing and benefiting from the abilities and talents of young people constitutes passion for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Thus, we have implemented several successful activities and programs that have had a real favorable impact on young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be possible without the support of our teams, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
LMMPO is keen to have a competent candidate to fill the position of WASH Engineer
Purpose/Scope of the task
He or She will be in charge of implementation the wash, he or she will report to the project manager. And follow up all wash activities (Design & implementation of well rehabilitation works. Installing a solar pumping system, Water networks, Tower tanks…etc.).
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
1. Work as a resident site engineer at the project site – Ad Durihmi District, Al Hodeidah Governorate.
2. Preparing technical studies for the wells and latrines that will be provided.
3. Preparing drawings detailed for implementation and present it to the project manager.
4. Preparing minutes and receipt forms for WASH activities.
5. Approve samples materials required for the implementation of WASH activities.
6. Direct supervision of the implementation of latrines construction activity within the WASH activities during the implementation period.
7. Direct supervision of the implementation of the wells activity and the installation of solar systems within the WASH activities during implementation.
8. Follow up the implementation of all construction, metallic and other works related to the activities of building latrines and rehabilitating wells according to engineering technical specifications, bills of quantities and the signed contract.
9. Track the quantities of work completed and submit it to the project manager.
10. Follow up the progress of the implementation of the works according to the work plan by the contractor and notify him when deviating from it.
11. Submit weekly and monthly reports on the completed work, obstacles and solutions to the project manager.
12. Preparing the contractor's statements with their requirements of and documents supporting the disbursement of the value of the works.
13. Supervising the training of the Water Committee and the operation of pumps by contracting companies.
14. 14. Archive all documents related to project activities in accordance with the mechanism for preserving original documents.
15. Other tasks assigned to him by the direct supervisor.
Study and Training:
- Bachelor's degree (Civil Engineer)
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the same field.
- Have experience in:-
1. Design & implementation of well rehabilitation works.
2. Installing a solar pumping system.
3. Water networks.
4. Tower tanks.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience with local and international organizations in the same required specialty (WASH Engineer).
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Speaking and Writing).
- Engineering planning and execution.
- Team management and knowledge transfer.
- Decision making
- Representing the LMMPO.
- Ability to provide recommendations to solve problems
- Management skills.
- Communications skills.
- Ability to achieve planned goals.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to use a computer, including engineering programs.
- Beneficiary & Client focused.
- Good communication skills with the host communities and Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs).
Position Includes: -
- The (Basic salary, Appearance & Transportation Allowances, Social Security, Payroll Tax, Other Benefits (Communications Allowance), Health & Life Insurance.]
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل