Administrative Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Strengthening the Resilience and Participation on Local Level in Yemen – SRPL - (PN.19.1858.0-002.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 23,614 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our business volume is around 3.3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Yemen on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) since 1969. It opened its office in Sana’a in 1983. In order to deliver flexible support at a time of war and insecurity, GIZ operates in Business Continuity Management mode in Yemen. Yemen is one of the nexus and peace partner countries of the German development cooperation. GIZ implements projects in the fields of water and sanitation, health, education, private sector, and employment, as well as good governance, peace, and local administration. At the same time we support measures to rehabilitate basic services for and enhance resilience of the local population, including particularly vulnerable groups such as internally displaced people. Our actions and decisions are guided by several core principles, the safety of our national colleagues as well as their well-being belonging to the most important ones.
With immediate effect the GIZ Office Sana’a invites applications from qualified Yemeni nationals for the following position:
• Position: Administrative Assistant
• End of Contract: 30.04.2023
• Post Location: Hadhramaut
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for
- performing general office services.
- assisting the administrative specialist in the logistic and procurement tasks.
- assisting the administrative specialist and other team members in daily operational performance of all finance and accounting tasks.
- running errands and carrying out other tasks needed to run the office smoothly.
- keeping the office premises well organized.
- performing driving tasks and regulary looking after official vehicles.
The Administrative Assistant
- assists the administrative specialist in coordinating with the programme offices in the program’s target governorates on the mode of service delivery.
- assists with logistics and organization for events.
- prepares stationary for meetings, workshops, and trainings timely.
- supports the program staff with travel arrangements.
- organises, monitors the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- monitors the availability of accessories & stocks and carries out procurement in accordance with guidelines.
- ensures the payments of office bills (phones, mobiles, water, electricity…. etc.)
- maintains and follows up the transporting of items and goods to the beneficiaries.
- photocopies and scans documents as needed.
- checks service invoices, service receipts and other (delivery/handing over) papers and payment instructions.
- assists in preparing payment for workshops and other events.
- supports in the logistic preparation of workshops and other events.
- supports the reimbursement of travel expenses in close cooperation with the administrative specialist.
- is responsible for filing financial documents and treating information confidentially.
- provides passenger transport in an official car for programme staff, official visitors, and guests.
- runs errands for the program, e.g., sending letters and messages, paying bills, and buying smaller quantities of office supplies.
- helps with transporting goods.
- keeps the vehicle logbook correctly updated on daily basis and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards.
- ensures timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by GIZ rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- reports without delay to the administrative specialist on all problems.
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of the management.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- certificate/ diploma or comparable qualification from an academy (administration).
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience as a driver with references.
- Good knowledge of English and Arabic languages, ideally a knowledge of German.
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office, Excel, Power Point).
- digital literacy.
- discipline, accuracy, resilience, patience; honesty, flexibility, confidentiality, commitment, and punctuality.
- familiarity with Hadhramout governorate and willingness to travel to other governorates regularly.
- willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- holds a valid driving license.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل