Nutrition Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Nutrition Officer
- Functional - H&N Project Manager
- Technical - Deputy H&N Coordinator & H&N Coordinator
Location: Based in Hajjah, with travel to field (Abs, Ku’aydinah)
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
The ECHO funded project titled ‘Provision of integrated emergency health and nutrition, protection for conflict and displacement affected people in Hajja, Aden, and Lahj governorates, Yemen’ complements INTERSOS’s other projects providing Cash for Health Assistance (CHA) funding.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day technical management and smooth running of the nutrition component of INTERSOS’s ECHO Project in Yemen. The role also supports CHA activities in integration with other internal projects. The role technically coordinates, trains incentivized staff on nutrition and CHA, report Nutrition including therapeutic food supplements, CMAN and CHA Community-based Management of acute malnutrition programming in Aden and Lahj. These are in line with the MoPHP SMP, WHO, UNICEF health cluster & INTERSOS protocols, and the project proposals. The officer is responsible to coordinate implementation of project activities in nutrition with communities, as part of the wider approach which aims to lower under-5 & PLW mortality rates and morbility for vulnerable cases in the INTERSOS program operation areas in Yemen through community-based identification, treatment, and prevention of both Moderate and Severe Acute Malnutrition (MAM/SAM), and promotion of Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) Practices. The officer is responsible for CHA activities from training to coordinating with relevant colleauges for the referral of vulnerable cases & approval/ review of case elegibility.
1. Program Design, Implementation, Assessment and Monitoring:
- Develop and execute nutrition programs with a cash for health assistance component to ensure access to essential healthcare services, proper nutrition and CHA referral for beneficiaries.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to adapt design programs that align with community needs and project objectives.
- Participates in nutritional assessments and health-related needs assessments to inform program design and identify vulnerable populations.
- Monitor program implementation, evaluate outcomes, and adjust interventions as needed.
2. Cash Health Assistance (CHA):
- Secures the protection referral of vulnerable cases from CBO’s in Hajjah, Sana’a and Ibb, remotely.
- •Contributes to cross projects technical and MEAL activities including accountability procedures such as post distribution monitoring, satisfaction surveys for CHA cases
3. Nutritional technical and quality strengthening:
- Provide technical guidance and support to healthcare providers and community health workers on nutrition-related topics.
- Promote behavior change and best practices in nutrition within the community, supporting the incentivized staff including Community Health Volunteers.
4. Data Collection and Reporting:
- Collect and analyze data on program activities and outcomes, preparing regular reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of specific cross project reports from MoPHP therapeutic food supply and confidential CHA protection trackers from other projects.
5. Capacity Building:
- Train and build the capacity of icentivized field teams, partners, and community members on nutrition, health, and cash assistance principles.
- Supervise and follow up on community mobilization, health and nutrition education delivered by incentivized staff and Direct technical supervision and management of supported MoPHP staff. Ensure quality supervision of diagnostic and treatment services and community-level implementation of the programs.
- Organize monthly meetings with the incentivized nutrition team and report the outcome to the project co and health and nutrition coordinator, ensuring integration of CHA and Nutrition PHC activities, particularly as regards Nutrition Education, EPI, and other Child health and nutrition services (supplementary food program and Therapeutic feeding center) (SFPs and TFCs) as well as to protection and WASH.
6. Coordination and Partnership:
- Collaborate with relevant government agencies, NGOs, and healthcare providers to integrate nutrition and cash health assistance into broader health and development programs.
- Represent the organization in coordination meetings and working groups related to health and nutrition and CHA activities.
- Further specific tasks and responsibilities will be detailed in the work plan of the officer, following the structure above.
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine, nutrition, nursing preferably with a Master’s in Health administration is required.
- 2+ years’ experience in project design, planning, implementing and evaluating integrated community-based health programs in emergency/relief context.
- Professional experience in lead management implementing emergency health response programs, preferably in a conflict setting.
- Sound knowledge and nutritional support services like CMAM, MAM and IYCF, and medical referral system from CPHC till hospital level.
- Sound knowledge and experience in primary and secondary health care services.
- Previous experience in working with various International NGOs in developing countries and more so in emergency response programming.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Ability to coordinate, represent and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local) with NGOs/ INGOs, donors, government, UN etc.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
- Strong Microsoft package skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Power-point)
The following is required in performing the above tasks:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles (Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity) and understanding of the INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines such as Charter of Value, Code of Ethic, children’s rights, PSEA policies, etc
- Clear & timely communication to line management
- Ensure full confidentiality of the received information
- Willing to take any other relevant task given by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل