Environmental Health Officer- Data Management This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Environmental Health Officer- Data Management
Band / Level / Grade: 8B
Department: Environmental Health
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Yemen Country program was established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other sub-field offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwah.
The Environmental Health Officer- Data Management will be working with the EH Officer at the field level, for data collection, compilations, analysis and sharing. EH-DM also work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team, providing support in program indicator tracking and data quality improvement he or she will be reporting to the EH manager and EH Coordinator.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Ensure the quality of all Environmental Health data reports coming from all field officers, including reviewing databases and reports, checking original data sources.
- Weekly and Monthly data collection and entry as the need arises by working closely with EH officers and assistants in the field.
- Complete and shares reports to EH management and other applicable staff on time as per agreed time table. Reports include Weekly Update Reports, Monthly Reports, ITTs, Clusters Reports, and any other reports as vital.
- Build and maintain a master database for all activities, updating it weekly with incoming data. Graph and follow disease trends and report these to the senior manager/coordinator.
- Create and update data tools and systems as vital and given program developments.
- Work closely with M&E team to conduct KAPs survey, PDMs.
- Build maps to show EH different interventions with the exact locations and any related information.
- Provide orientation and training to EH staff on data entry, expectations, data quality and new data collection tools as needed.
- Attend IRC and external partners meetings as vital.
- Attend IRC training/workshops when required and/or arranged by program.
- Perform any other task needed and requested by supervisor.
- University graduate, ideally with a degree in computer science, health sciences, or Engineering or shown relevant experience.
- At least three years of work experience in the computer science field
- Previous experience with humanitarian organizations or the UN is an advantage.
- Very good English language skills (speaking, writing, reading, listening).
- High dedication to meet the schedule and detail oriented.
- Willing and able to conduct field visits to IRC EH program sites throughout the country
- Very good computer skills: Word especially Excel.
This position is Aden-based.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must make sure to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل