Finance Coordinator (South Hub) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Finance Coordinator (South Hub)
Deadline: July 24, 2021
Category: Finance / Accounting
Location: Aden Hub
Reports to: Area Manager
Note: This position is opened for Yemeni National only.
Duration: up to 31 July 2022 with probation period of three months.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager and technical supervision of Country Finance Manager (CFM), the primary responsibility of the Finance Coordinator (FC) is to maintain and adhere to RI financial policies and procedures including the donor regulations and guidelines to ensure that the Area Office finance department functions in an efficient and well-organized manner. This FC will be the focal point for overall Area Office Financial Management and Planning including Cash Flow, Proposal Development, Donor Reporting, Donor Audit and Implementing Partners handling and Capacity Building. The role will also provide support to Finance Officers and the part of the team in charge for daily operations of the area office and sub-offices, Accounting and Government compliance, knowledge-sharing and capacity-building of other team-members is a high priority.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Overall Financial Management:
- Cash flow - Consolidate monthly cash needs from budget holders and compile monthly Area Office & field offices cash forecasts and ensure timely submission of information to the RI Country Office. Ensure cash flow at South area & field offices is smoothly covering all activities that will be implemented on monthly basis.
- Proposal development – act as a focal Finance point during the process of Proposal Development and budgets creation. Cooperate closely with all budget holders and ensure maximum coverage of support for Area Office and field offices costs from Country Master budget.
- Reporting – FC will ensure schedule for Donor reporting is respected and all reports are compiled in an accurate and timely manner and submitted to RI Country Finance department for verification and approval. In terms of internal reporting, FC will lead and coordinate regular monthly BvA (budget vs Actual) reports and follow up meetings. FC will provide support including ad hoc and formal training on budget management and other finance-related skills as required, to budget holders to ensure that they pro-actively manage their funds.
- • Audit – at Area level, lead preparation for internal and external annual, ad-hoc and donor audits. Reviewing and addressing questions of concern from auditors in consultation with AM and CFM
- Grants Management – work closely with Grants Department, ensuring that donor finance guidelines, formats and processes are understood by all affected colleagues at the start of each project and being adhered to throughout the project.
- Implementing partners – manage the team in charge for Implementing Partners. Oversee and guide assessments, reporting, accountability and capacity building of partners.
- Ensure the accuracy of booking all financial transactions in the RI accounting system taking in the account the monthly closing deadline and the preparation of the monthly finaincial report related to the South Area Office.
- External and Internal communication - Support liaising with Yemen authorities in South, accountants and other relevant parties in financial matters to make sure RI Yemen operations are compliant with the Yemen legislations.
- Contribute to capacity building and sharing of knowledge within the finance department. Also maintain responsibility for transparency and accountability and implementation of policies and guidelines including donors.
- Provide constructive suggestions relative to enhancing current procedures on the existing RI policies and procedures.
- Support existing team and CFM in day to day finance operations and accounting and Gov. reporting matters
- Ensure collaboration and cooperation with the Program and Logistic Department on cross-cutting issues
- Possible field visits for the project in South to follow-up financial procedures in the RI field office.
- Reviews Cost Allocation Methodology produced entries based on allowable and allocable criteria.
- Review monthly Cash and Bank reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of any periodic financial reports, donor’s periodic invoices and submit for review.
- Support in the development of cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Ensures compliance with all donor requirements and advises budget holders on compliance issues.
- Advises budget holders on how best to utilize a programme’s funding portfolio.
- Ensures donor regulations are communicated to all staff and that all activities meet donor requirements.
- Acts as a liaison with program staff in the Area Office to assist in the understanding and compliance financial policies.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor/technical supervisor.
- Conduct performance feedback sessions and team meetings with the finance staff
- As this is an Emergency Response programme, at times there will be the requirement to work additional hours and perform other tasks not detailed in this job description.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced University Degree in Finance, Accounting/ High professional certificate is preferable.
- Professional background: minimum 6 years of experience in finance sector.
- Previous experience in Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- High/Advanced writing/drafting skills.
- Familiarity with business principles and practices.
- Analytical/Communication/inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work under highly stressful conditions independently and with limited supervision and work in a dynamic environment to meet deadlines.
- Promotes team work, educate and train other staff, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, including donors, local government and authorities.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and solve problems.
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Relief International
Cook (طباخ)17 May 2021 | Sana'a
MEAL Coordinator03 Jun 2021 | Sana'a
Project Officer (District)09 Jun 2021 | Aden
Supply Chain & Operations Coordinator ( Logistics)10 Jun 2021 | Sana'a
Data Management Assistant (3)17 Jun 2021 | Sana'a , Hajjah