Procurement and Logistics Manager
Procurement and Logistics
CEO and deputy CEO
Under the supervision of the CEO and her deputy CEO, the Manager of Procurement and Logistics assists management staff and is responsible for implementing effective purchasing and supply programs, which include planning, purchasing, logistics support, oversight of inventory management, property and asset management, as well as transportation management. They provide leadership, coordination and supervision of purchasing and logistics services within the organization and its branch offices in the field. He works closely with internal and external partners to ensure effective supply chain planning and proper preparation to support project implementation. He will monitor end-to-end procurement using stringent procurement control mechanisms, ensuring that procurement procedures, policies and requirements are consistent with the organization and donors, as a means of contributing to the achievement of the organization's goals and vision.
- Evaluating the purchasing and logistical needs of the organization and its projects and supervising the correct implementation.
- Prepare and update procurement and logistical support plans for the institution/projects.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance with approved policies and is executed efficiently within specified timelines.
- Ensure that everything purchased complies with the required standards of specifications and quality In accordance with the organization's policy and donor policies.
- Guiding new employees and training them on how to complete purchasing operations and optimal use of the purchasing system.
- Use appropriate strategies to purchase the organization’s needs at appropriate prices.
- Choosing appropriate suppliers, initiating contracts, and establishing commercial and organizational partnerships.
- Negotiating with vendors to secure favorable quality and price terms.
- Reviewing the purchase request and necessary services from the various departments.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure clarity of requirements and budgets.
- Building and developing the purchasing and logistics department, developing purchasing plans, and drawing up policies and procedures.
- Maintain files of internal and external purchase orders, quotations and contracts.
- Constant communication with warehouses regarding stock shortages, the extent of warehouse capacity, and the movement of stock turnover.
- Preparing orders received from various departments, sending them to the competent authorities, requesting them from approved suppliers, and following them up until they are received.
- Review suppliers’ offers and respond positively or negatively to them.
- Periodically follow up on changes in raw material prices.
- Preparing for the tender and communicating with qualified suppliers to implement services and purchases.
- Preparing contracts for services and consultant contracts and following up on the implementation of services
- Analyze procurement and advise on the types of procurement that could benefit from master purchasing agreements.
- Show value for purchase items.
- Preparing contracts with bids and following up on their signing by the relevant parties.
- Ensure adequate and timely quantity demand for all procured resources to ensure availability of needs and services in the area of operations when needed, including transportation and warehousing services until delivery to the point of distribution and delivery.
- Ensure the application of donor requirements, rules and regulations related to the FAO Procurement Manual, local procurement regulations, donor policies and anti-corruption procedures.
- Receiving approved purchase requests, ensuring the accuracy of data, and carrying out external relations tasks related to purchases.
- Review purchase documents for accuracy before paying.
- Comparing and evaluating offers submitted by suppliers in conjunction with the technical and financial analysis committees and preparing lectures, letters of acceptance, and apologies to suppliers.
- Supervising the timely implementation of procurement and logistics tasks and supervising all operations.
- Prepare and organize the procurement plan and logistics plan on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in coordination with the organization and project staff.
- Maintain purchasing files in accordance with the organization’s policies and be ready for financial audit as well as evaluation and inform management of any irregularities that need to be addressed within the framework of its duties.
- Follow up and supervise the implementation of transportation and distribution plans related to the organization’s interventions in general and project components.
- Contribute effectively to organizing bidding and evaluation meetings.
- Contribute to the preparation and analysis of bids and related documents for approval.
- Participate effectively in the tender and analysis committees for any procurement process carried out in accordance with donor policies and the organization’s policies.
- Participate in reviewing procurement proposal analyzes to ensure compliance.
- Negotiations with suppliers regarding transparency and documentation
- Ensuring the quality of the purchased products and their conformity with the quantities, specifications, and country of origin of the devices, materials, and equipment according to purchase orders and preparing bid lists and practices.
- Provide support and input to new projects and budgets when requested.
- Documenting and archiving all documents and project documents related to logistical support electronically and on paper.
- Preparing chronic periodic work plans for the above-mentioned tasks, submitting them and discussing them with the direct manager.
- Ensure that all donor assets and organization assets are correctly identified, categorized and entered into the automated system.
- Ensure that all the organization’s warehouses are managed in an efficient manner and in accordance with the organization’s policy
- Follow up on entering all inventory into the system to ensure that inventory quantities are updated in numbers.
- Any tasks assigned by the direct manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration/accounting.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience in procurement and logistics field in NGOs/International NGOs
- Strong proficiency in purchasing, logistics and administrative systems in general such as ERP and others.
- Proficient in English and Arabic, written and spoken.
- First-class written presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to convey information effectively and strong experience in providing training and employee development in English and Arabic.
- Demonstrate a sense of professional judgment, integrity, strong ethics, and the ability to manage sensitive situations diplomatically and lead to an effective resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to plan long-term, organize priorities, and work under administrative and programmatic pressures.
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with senior management and all other stakeholders to maximize collaboration and productivity.
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Desire for continuous learning and development.
- Analytical thinking, service oriented and team player.
- Proven ability to manage large and diverse workloads, and deal constructively with pressure and long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision.
- Willingness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of the organization.
- The ability to move between governorates and reside in any governorate according to work needs
Qualifications and experiences
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of ORGANAZATION and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report. If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and ORGANAZATION policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
CODE OF CONDUCT
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, and any form of trafficking in persons.