Field Coordinator Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Field Coordinator Assistant
Location of position: Marib, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. Since then, SI expanded the geographical scope of its intervention, and established offices in Taiz and Al Mokha and Marib Governorate
Objectives of the mission for 2023 is to build on its Emergency Response capacity to expand in hard-to-reach areas, and develop qualitative interventions responding to emergency and protracted needs, while enhancing resilience
The position will be based in Marib City, Marib, Yemen.
The Field Coordinator Assistant (FCA) provides support and advice to the Field Coordinator (FieldCo) in the development of the local and national context and humanitarian access in accordance with SI development strategy in zone of intervention.
The FieldCo Assistant also assists and support the FieldCo in the relationship with the local authorities, clusters and working groups in the monitoring and analysis of the context.
- Establish and maintain informal relations and a network of key contacts.
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships with relevant local and national authorities and humanitarian actors to ensure the safe access of our teams in intervention areas.
- Support the Liaison Officer to liaise with the projects’ line ministries to get certifications, introduction letters, MoUs, etc.
- Responsible for the management of access permissions through government agencies or other authorities.
- Translate from Arabic to English (or inversely) important documents related with the security of the base.
- Act as a translator during internal and external meetings.
Monitoring, analyzing and report context:
- Monitor, analyze and report the political, humanitarian, and geo-political contexts in the zone of Marib to conduct better advice to the FieldCo.
- Monitor, analyze, and report changes in the local contexts with potential impacts for SI in its areas of intervention.
- Monitors and anticipates potential risks during times of instability and advises the FieldCo to keep concerned employees alerted.
- Based on the situational analysis, provides the necessary advice to the FieldCo to validate the movements accordingly.
- Keep up to date with the different contextual databases to comply with the proper report and analysis.
- Draft clear and concise analytical regular reports for donors, internal reporting and ad hoc reporting.
- Ensure the archiving and classification of documents under the good practices established by SI.
Humanitarian Access Support:
- Assist Fieldco to prepare and implement a humanitarian access strategy to ensure SI operations in Marib.
- Help to the FieldCo to train employees on safety regulations and enforce compliance.
- In charge of the contextual briefing of new national staff employees.
- In charge of designing, conducting, and reporting assessments of areas of programmatic interest for SI with support from FieldCo.
- Promote SI’s Code of Ethics and Conduct among employees and external stakeholders.
- Supports the FieldCo in implementing the established measures to ensure compliance with required safety and security standards for all employees and facilities.
- Provide support to manage the context monitoring tools (mapping, records, etc.)
LIST OF SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES: (TO BE FILLED AT BASE LEVEL)
- Liaise with Executive Unit, DG office and other authorities for required permits for program and support teams to operate.
- Develop strong links with program teams to proactively support their access to intervention Sites.
- With Field CO, identify, report and propose solutions for access challenges.
- Lead assessments and consultations with FieldCo to open access to new areas for SI in Marib.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line Manager: Field Coordinator, Marib
Line report(s) on base: N/A
III. Profile required
- Bachelor’s degree in law, politics, business or related fields.
- At least 3 years’ experience in management, diplomacy or liaison.
- Experience in context monitoring, reporting and analysis
- Experience in working with local authorities and security stakeholders.
- Strong political and access analytical skills.
- Proactive, organized, and able to effectively solve problems efficiently and diplomatically.
- Existing relationships with authorities, local leaders is considered a plus
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل