Field Health Officer (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
POSITION TITLE: Field Health Officer (2)
- Hadhramout Governorate, Brum Mayf’ah District
- Shabwah Governorate, Haban District
REPORT TO: Senior Field Officer
ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE: 18/02/2024
ABOUT FMF: The Field Medical Foundation (FMF) has been operating in Yemen since 2012, even during the most dangerous peak of the conflict in the region. Our staff of dedicated professionals and passionate volunteers are the helping hand that delivers aid from local and/or international partners to those who require it the most, in a country that was already suffering before the war. Today, we have helped humanitarian aid reach the hands of more than 9 million vulnerable people in Yemen to help them not only to survive but also to rebuild their lives. We aim to provide a comprehensive approach to providing aid through interventions, which is why we work in almost all sectors of international emergency relief.
- FMF provides a work environment that is free of sexual exploitation and abuse, discrimination, and all forms of harassment and abuse of the foundation.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children and adult beneficiaries are allowed to join our organization so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children and adults' beneficiaries from abuse.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Field Health Officers work under the direct supervision of the Senior Field Officer and are responsible for overseeing and coordinating health activities in the targeted districts. Ensuring the delivery of quality health services and providing technical support to health facilities and mobile teams.
POSITION DESCRIPTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Senior Field Officer in planning, implementing, and monitoring health programs.
- Ensure that health activities are implemented in compliance with project objectives, guidelines, and standards.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of the project, identify challenges, and propose solutions.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on the project’s activities and outcomes.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders, including government health authorities and other implementing partners.
- Facilitate effective collaboration between health facilities, mobile teams, and other relevant entities.
- Participate in coordination meetings and represent FMF in health-related forums.
- Provide direct technical supervision and guidance to health facilities and mobile teams.
- Conduct regular assessments and evaluations to assess the quality of health services provided.
- Ensure that all referral services are delivered to referred emergency cases according to FMF's Referral Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and maintain the confidentiality of patient information.
- Identify training needs of health facility staff and mobile team members.
- Develop and implement capacity-building initiatives to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Conduct training sessions on relevant health topics and best practices.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and support to health facility staff and mobile team members.
- Monitor infection prevention and control measures in health facilities and mobile activities.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to assess service quality and compliance with standards.
- Ensure the availability and proper use of essential drugs, medical supplies, and equipment in health facilities and mobile teams.
- Provide guidance on data collection, analysis, and reporting to ensure accurate and timely information.
- Support community engagement initiatives to promote health awareness and participation through collaboration with community leaders and health committees to address community health needs.
- Seek feedback from beneficiaries and integrate it into program planning and implementation.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine, Public Health, or a related medical field.
- 1-2 years of experience in Health Projects with strong technical knowledge of public health principles, guidelines, and best practices.
- Previous training in IPC, IMCI, or MISP is preferred.
- Experience in conducting training for healthcare workers.
- Previous experience in coordinating with GHO, DHO, clusters, and community committees and leaders.
- Strong reporting skills are required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are highly preferred.
- Problem-solving skills in resource-constrained environments.
- Proficiency in using MS Office.
- Excellent English and Arabic language.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل