Pharmacist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Pharmacist
Duration: 7 months, with possibility of extension
Basic monthly salary: 1227$ to 1468$ based on experience salary calculation
Medical and Life insurance: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
Line Manager: Health & Nutrition Program Manager
Technical/Support Manager: Health & Nutrition Program Manager
Major responsibilities and tasks:
Objective 1: Assessment of the quality and conditions of drugs and therapeutic supplies
- Verify the drugs and supplies received as per the technical specification (i-e generic name or formula, dosage form) in Pharmacy or warehouse.
- Physical inspection on the quality of the medicines received (in pharmacy or warehouse) as per waybill, PR or reception note.
- Coordinate with warehouse officer to ensure proper storage of medicines.
- Timely remind program team on near expiry (6 months as per WHO standards for the country) and manage the near expiry medicines and supplies.
- Coordinate with logistic team to maintain pharmacy room temperature and humidity to acceptable level.
Objective 2: Acquisition of drugs / medicines and disbursement to the field sites
- Make timely arrangements in close coordination with ACF logistics staff for the clearance of International Medical shipments at Aden port.
- Maintain strong liaison and interaction with Health Ministry & Health department and respective authorities involved in clearance of International medical shipments.
- Receive and consolidate all supply requests from field teams and organize with logistic/program teams for timely supply of drugs and medicines to field pharmacies or stores.
- Maintain the FIFO (first in first out) or FEFO (First expire first out) policy for all items in the ware house during supply to the field.
- Maintain regularly register book by category of medicines, by donor and programs.
- Liaise with field team in case of any expiry products remaining in the field and take necessary actions for appropriate disposal.
- Conduct frequent visits to field pharmacies/stores to do the physical check of drugs & medicines at field sites.
- Ensure that the disbursement of supplies is on time, appropriately and record is maintained accordingly.
- Provide feedback to the program team in issues related to the drug management and expiry dates
- Supervise and facilitate in the destruction process of expired medicines/ drugs in close coordination with ACF logistics staff and respective government officials
Objective 3: Reporting and record keeping:
- Prepare monthly consumption reports of field level drugs and medicines and remaining stock at field sites on time and share with all concerned by email.
- Analysis the consumption reports based on the caseload and provide feedback to program team on regular bases.
- Sharing information with other department and proper liaison with the logistic department for better flow of supplies in and out of the warehouse.
- Ensure correct formats are shared with field team for drugs consumption and stock reporting.
- University Degree/Bachelor/ Diploma in Pharmacy
- Two years professional experience in Pharmacy and Logistics.
- Good management skill on central pharmacy
- Experience in the humanitarian field and health/nutrition
- Experience of International Medical shipments clearance
- Experience of liaison / interaction with Health Ministry and Health department and respective authorities at Aden port
- Good knowledge of medical products and supplies.
- Computer knowledge (Word and Excel)
- Management experience
- Good team spirit and ability to work under pressure
- Attention to details and good numeric accuracy.
- Fluent in both English and Arabic languages.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل