CARE International in Yemen
CARE International is currently seeking a MEAL Officer who would be mainly responsible for providing technical support in all areas of monitoring and evaluation.
Position: MEAL Officer
This position reports to the Area Manager and is mainly responsible for providing technical support in all areas of monitoring and evaluation including rigorous field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, and learning activities. The position holder will work closely with the program team in conducting field monitoring, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data. S/he will also provide ongoing support in reviewing and preparing progress reports. The person will also be responsible for promoting reflective practices at the field level through organizing learning sessions. The incumbent is also responsible for implementing CARE's Complaint, Feedback, and Response mechanism; tracking/collecting of beneficiaries' information, conducting regular post-distribution monitoring surveys, and collection of human interest stories. S/he is also responsible for data/information management such as beneficiaries’ database as well as program data.
Monitoring and Data Management:
- Working closely with the DME Advisor at the CO, establish a mechanism for data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative) and reporting to ensure all monitoring requirements are met, including field monitoring.
- Organize, design, plan and carry out the collection, verification, evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of program data.
- Conducting data quality assessments on key activities and developing analytical reports
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routing data quality checks and revisions
- Work closely with the Area Manager, Deputy Area Manager and program staff to ensure data on project deliverables and achievements against the log-frame is as accurate and up to date as possible, and managed according to agreed processes and standards
- Collaborate with field office staff and implementing partners on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities
- Collate, analyze, manage and report all program related data, including on-line beneficiaries’ database
- Conduct monthly market monitoring and share the report timely
Assessment, Surveys, and Learning:
- Regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human-interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of project activities
- Regularly conduct/analyze/report Post Distribution Monitoring and KAP surveys
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of MEAL findings with project staff, implementing partners, and primary stakeholders
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Compiling and analyzing collected data in order to identify lessons learned and any gaps or problems; sharing results in project reflection meetings and reporting any concerns to the appropriate program.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples in-country and internationally, and ensure ongoing personal development and learning.
Reporting and Accountability:
- Assist the Area Manager and/or the Deputy Area Manager to conceptualize, write, and consolidate progress reports, as well as briefing documents and other publications relating to CARE implementation
- Support the Program team in the quarterly, interim, and final reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements
- Identification and formulation of lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrates into the final report
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and prepare relevant reports
- In coordination with the Information Management Officer, implement the Accountability Mechanism, including preparations of tools for feedback and complaint collecting and recording
- Conduct capacity assessment of CARE and partners’ staffs in monitoring and evaluation
- Organize and conduct of results-oriented monitoring and evaluation trainings (including quantitative and qualitative data collection methods) for CARE's and partners' staff
- Build the capacity of MEAL and program staffs on different aspects on MEAL including database management and impact assessment
Undertake any other duties which may be assigned.
- BSc/BA degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Information Management, Agricultural Science and other relevant discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in MEAL or project planning.
- Working experience with NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience in field monitoring and conducting evaluations and surveys.
- Experience in writing quality project reports.
- Experience in implementing accountability system such as complaints, feedback, and response mechanism.
- Working knowledge of information collection tools and methodologies, with a particular focus on data analysis and the ability to develop and apply methods and tools for knowledge capturing, preservation and sharing
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including database management system.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, meet deadlines, and adapt to continuously changing demands and multitasking. Ability to manage a heavy workload under time pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team with peers as well as with multiple supervisors in a multicultural environment and to interrelate in an effective fashion with staff at all levels as well as with external counterparts.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Strong data analysis skill
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Important Note: Please note that the only way to apply for a position with CARE is through the application system link that starts with careyemis.org/Apply that is shared in the advert of YemenHR.com or the formal newspaper. Furthermore, any recruitment or hiring correspondences would be through CARE official email addresses as in this example: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Fee: CARE DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
How to Apply
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should apply through below link by Sep 29, 2022.
Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل