Senior Nutrition Advisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org.
Lutheran World Relief (LWR), a subsidiary of Corus International, is seeking highly motivated individuals for the Senior Nutrition Advisor position for the USAID-funded Momentum (Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health) Project. The project result area is to strengthen quality maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH), and nutrition services building on USAID's ongoing health activities among communities in Aden, Lahij, and Taiz governorates.
SENIOR NUTRITION ADVISOR: JOB ID-3134312
Reporting to the Program Director, the Senior Nutrition Advisor will provide overall technical leadership, strategic support, and operational oversight for the project in the areas of Nutrition. S/he will provide vision and leadership for country-led scale-up of effective, integrated, and sustainable interventions. The position will be based in Aden.
Duties & Responsibilities.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical assistance in the development and use of technical policies and guidelines related to the improvement of nutrition.
- Provide strategic and technical support to the Ministry of Public Health and Population at national and subnational (GSO) levels in nutrition-related activities.
- Provide on-site mentoring and technical support to community health volunteers (CHVs) and health facility workers to improve approaches for nutrition counseling and services at the facility and community Implement of nutrition activities, including coordination of technical assistance with international and national experts.
- Provide regular reports to the Corus Yemen program director, and technical and programmatic personnel, ensuring that successes, challenges, and lessons learned on related indicators are included in donor reports and the annual work plan.
- Work with other project staff (including nutrition officers) to procure nutrition supplies for SAM and MAM treatment from GHO, UNICEF, WFP, and other providers.
- Facilitate the integration and oversight of SAM and MAM interventions at both facility and community levels.
- Work with the nutrition officers, assistants, and other project staff, as relevant, to design and implement social and behavior change activities that encourage communities to adopt new nutrition and health practices and to seek care from facilities when necessary.
- Raise community awareness and engagement in the identification and adoption of healthy eating practices using diversified, nutrient-dense, nutritionally adequate foods, including engagement of local leaders and influential groups to promote positive nutrition-sensitive behaviors.
- Represent nutrition approach of the project to the nutrition cluster, regularly and liaise with other organizations and projects working in nutrition.
- Ensure the integration of existing legislation/guidelines on IYCF, help develop national IYCF guidelines, and explore ways to integrate nutrition into social safety net programs.
- Work with private sector to discourage breastmilk substitutes (BMS), violation of code of marketing of BMS.
Qualification & Experience
The ideal candidate should have a Medical Degree or master’s degree in public health, nutrition, or a closely related field. S/he should have a minimum ten (10) years' experience in senior-level clinical/technical positions and experience designing, implementing, and/or managing integrated nutrition services at facility and community levels preferably in Yemen.
In addition, s/he should have experience with multiple behavior change communications strategies and activities to improve nutritional outcomes. The candidate should have demonstrated the ability to work in concert with the team, partner organizations, and key government stakeholders to achieve results. Experience in partnership building especially with the Government of Yemen, USAID, NGOs and the private sector will be an added advantage.
S/he should have proven technical knowledge in nutrition, including familiarity with project indicators and quantitative and qualitative data collection methods to monitor overall project performance. S/he should have strong analytical, team management, leadership, and decision-making skills with excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل