Education Assistants This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Education Assistants (WB) - (210007BN)
SCI Yemen is embarking on the Restoring Education and Learning (REAL) project, funded by the World Bank and implementing by the three implementing partners SCI, WFP and UNICEF. The project’s primary objective is to maintain access to basic education, improve conditions for learning and strengthen education sector capacity in selected districts of several governorates in Yemen targeting over 1’000 schools.
The Education Assistant will implement and assist in the day-to-day implementation of education activities in the targeted district(s) in close coordination and collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the community such as parents, teachers, MoE authorites, etc. S/he will monitor the project activities in the targeted schools and support teachers, partners and the local communities in addressing issues that might need support. The Project Assistant will spend the large majority of time in field, ensuring quality implementation of the Project activities. She/He will ensure that field level quality concerns are consistently raised to the relevant line manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Education Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Implementation and management of the REAL project according to the approved annual plan.
- Ensure direct communication and feedback with beneficiaries and relevant local communities, parents, teachers and students.
- Support teacher trainings as required by the project objectives.
- Provide technical support to school teachers, MoE staff (GEO/DEO) and schools management for the improvement of utilization of education services in target districts.
- Organize and implement distributions of teaching and learning materials.
- Coordinate with community leaders, school teachers, school management staff and partner organizations to implement the REAL project activities and work closely with them to improve quality of the project services.
- Collect and analyse project related data and keep up to date the filing system for the project to show that the REAL project activities achieve their objectives.
- Prepare reports for the supervisor with statistical and narrative information on the progress of the project activities at field level.
- Ensure that the REAL project is implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with SC’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with SC’s procedures.
- Maintain positive work relations with teachers, headmasters, and DoE representatives.
- Support SC trained volunteers, teachers and children in the implementation of the REAL project activities.
- Support administrative tasks such as preparing purchase requests, archiving, printing out documents, etc.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager.
Monitoring & Coordination
- Coordinate and hold regular meetings with stakeholders including local councils and other organizations serving children and community to understand their education priorities, familiarize them with the REAL project and its objectives and engage them in the process.
- Ensure that the REAL project is implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with SCI’s principles, values, strategic plan and procedures.
- In coordination with MEAL team, monitor the progress of education activities against project plans and timelines and against pre-defined objectives and indicators.
- Support Baseline, ASER and Endline survey and assessment
- Support third-party monitoring (TPM) team to monitor SCI REAL field project activities as and when required.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, fraud and other relevant policies and procedures.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Education, social sciences or other any relevant discipline, with knowledge of education context in Yemen.
- Minimum one year professional experience with INGOs/NGOs supporting Education Program.
- Strong understanding of the contextual situation related to education.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of participatory development, child participation, education.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated administrative skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Background in Emergency programming is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written skills and in the local language (Arabic).
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 14, 2021
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل