Finance Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Finance Officer
Location: Al-Hodeidah, Yemen
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Reference: 21- 114
Duration: Till December 31, 2022, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Actively participates in the financial operations of the organization and ensures timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc. Responsible for entering financial information in the accounting system and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
The Finance Officer will be responsible but not limited to:
- Before payment of any expenditure, check authorization levels, budget availability, budget line on which the expense is to be allocated
- Make sure donors are invoiced on time or debit memos are prepared and sent on time
- Ensure coherence between orders, quotations/offers, purchase orders, call for tender documentation, procurement memo, contract, invoices, receipts, works/services completion certificates;
- Check the receiver's ability to endorse payment.
- Follow-up commitments and payments.
- Ensure all financial transactions are in line with the approved budget line items and completions of budget codes
- Thoroughly review support documentation before upload or posting to ensuring full compliance with ADRA Yemen and donor's procedures
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls and accounting processes.
- Facilitates funds transfers to replenish the project bank accounts.
- Coordinate with the finance team in the field to ensure timeliness of reporting.
- Fully responsible for audit planning, field visits if necessary, and works with the auditors until completion of audit
- Preparation and compiling of monthly financial reports and required donor reports
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations and adjusting entries, ensuring no outstanding entries more than 90 days
- Receives bi monthly cash count reports for filling or verification by Internal Audit and
- Compliance or Finance Manager
- Maintains in close collaboration with procurement/logistics team project list of assets/inventories with all the relevant details
- Reviews or prepares the sun pl us upload sheets for accuracy and correctness before uploading to the Sun system accounting software
- Facilitate timely submission of financial and donor reports as required
- In charge of project close out/year end procedures
- Ensures documents are scanned and forwarded/received to the head office on the agreed dates.
- Ensures that all scan documents are uploaded to the specified link on a monthly basis.
- Verifies that all documents are correctly translated, and receipt are pasted on A4 paper.
- Ensures that hard copy documents meet the ADRA Yemen's standard for documents as per the approved policies
- Recalculates expenditure reports submitted confirming accuracy and completeness of expenditure reports submitted.
- Providing training and assist in starting up new users of the Sun plus accounting software and continuous support for the same.
- In the absence of Senior Finance Officer or Finance Manager monitor and analyze general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective action
- Ensures proper filling and archiving of journal vouchers, reconciliations and other finance documents
- Works closely with HR departments and finance assistants for transmitting of salaries to staff on a monthly basis
- Submit monthly time-sheets to be approved by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Banking or any Social Sciences
- Certification or accreditation (CPA, CFA, AICPA, etc.) is an added advantage.
- At least 3 (Three) years of progressive employment in accounting or finance positions, preferably in humanitarian agencies.
- Nil absences during the past year during official organizational working hours other than those coordinated with the direct supervisor.
- Monthly bank reconciliations with no outstanding items
- On time and consistent attendance record.
- Honesty and integrity in all work activities.
- Willingness and flexibility to work as part of a team.
- Social and cultural understanding.
- Good numeric comprehension.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email software programs.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines
- Fluent in English required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل