Senior Data Management Officer (CRA)
Job Title: Senior Data Management Officer (CRA)
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Since establishing its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just an implementing small project to handling large scale emergency and relief operations. Following the war which broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster, which was crafted by the same, IRC launched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah and Aldalea. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen and Sana’a and Hodeidah in the North through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of the Clients Responsiveness and Accountability (CRA) Manager, the Senior Data Management Officer (CRA) will be responsible for collecting, compiling, analyzing and reporting clients feedback data captured through different feedback mechanisms such as hotline, suggestions boxes, surveys and office visits. S/he will ensure that the feedback registry and other tools developed in CommCare and KOBO are fully functional, secure, and used by the CRA team in all field locations.
- Position Reports to CRA Manager
- Position directly supervises field based CRA Officers
- Other Internal and/or external contacts: MEAL Coordinator
- Support the design, development, and management of CRA Commcare database and other data tools; and understand, document, and ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency, and comparability.
- Setup and handle the feedback registry and other tools developed in CommCare to ensure that they are fully functional, secure, and used by the CRA team in all field locations.
- Support the CRA Manager in capacity building of CRA and program staff in all field locations to ensure that client feedback and complaints are received, appropriately recorded, and responded to on time.
- Work with CRA teams in the field to ensure that an accurate and secure archiving system for both quantitative and qualitative data is in place and appropriately used.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative data analysis for feedback received through the different channels and present the findings in clear formats to highlight feedback trends to the country management team.
- Work closely with the Line Manager in preparing weekly, monthly, and quarterly CRA reports and presentations for sharing with the Senior Management Team.
- Assess the utility and efficiency of the established CRA data management platforms and propose recommendations for improvements
- Supervising the work of CRA Officers and providing all the vital support needed to accomplish their responsibilities.
- Provide support in the development of measurement, data management, and reporting strategy that also includes system
- Ensuring that feedback channels for all sectors are functional and appropriate for conflict-affected populations
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
A. Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer science, Statistics, or any other relevant field is required
- Minimum of three years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation or complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- Experience in data collection, data analysis, and preparing reports and visualizations.
- Solid experience with common Microsoft Office packages and advanced MS Excel skills and experience working with large datasets required.
- Strong experience in data management, including development and management of databases.
- Solid understanding of PowerBI, Commcare is an advantage
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and Arabic direct
C. Skills and Abilities:
- Very good written and verbal skills in both English and Arabic language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good interpersonal skills that function across a diversity of multi cultures work environment.
- Good facilitator, standout colleague with flexible attitude in solving problems.
- High level communication, influencing and coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Active listening and effective communication.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Professionalism and work ethic.
- Receptive and Resilient.
- Positive Interpersonal interactions
- Experience in working with crisis-affected populations and an understanding of their preferred feedback channels
- Experience in handling client feedback channels
The position is based in Aden, with frequent travel to field locations in Yemen
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
1- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
2- Deadline for Applying: Jan, 24 2022. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of Jan, 24 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل