Social Outreach Worker This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Position: Social Outreach Worker
- Reports to: Activity Coordinator
- Supervises: N/A
- Location: Abyan
- Status: Full-Time staff
- Starting Date: 11 June 2023
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Main Objective or Job Summary:
INTERSOS is seeking to ensure the provision of emergency, life-saving assistance, and protection for migrants/new arrivals in the governorates of Shabwa, Abyan, Aden and Taiz.
- In Shabwa and Abyan, INTERSOS runs migrant’s response teams (MRT) for new arrivals and stranded migrants, covering mostly, but not exclusively the districts of Ahwar, Khanfar, Al-Mahfad and Zinjibar for Abyan and the districts of Mayfa’a, Rudoum, and Ataq.
- In Aden, INTERSOS will run an MRT at border areas and for stranded migrants, covering mostly, but not exclusively the districts of Dar Sa’ad, Shaykh Uthman and Al-Buraiqa.
- In Aden, INTERSOS will further also support for Al-Takaful social center (supervised by MOSAL) where migrant unaccompanied and separated children (UASC) are staying. 38 children (25 per month max) will be supported at Al-Takaful with shelter, food, NFIs and protection services (structured and non-structures PSS and awareness and life skills sessions).
- For Taiz, INTERSOS will include 1 extra lawyer to cover detention monitoring and mixed migration monitoring (movements and issues with movement) for migrants passing through Taiz.
The core activities include:
- Registration and assessment of migrants and provision of dignity kits, food (in kind and vouchers), NFIs and emergency first aid (mobile response
- Provision of awareness sessions on legal and referral services including for specialized services such as lifesaving medical and protection services
- Protection monitoring and reporting on violations of human rights of migrants and others on the move
These activities will be integrated with other ongoing programming in the targeted areas; seeing for example with health, where migrants can be referred to MCT and health facilities operating in the area, and with protection services, especially in Aden.
1. Registration: with the support of volunteers register all the refugees/asylum seekers and migrants met by the MRTs in the targeted area
2. Distribution of NFIs and emergency food: with the support of volunteers distribute NFIs and emergency food for the most vulnerable migrants in the targeted area ensuring adherence to protection mainstreaming principles.
3. Refer cases internally or externally for registration (UNHCR – refugee or seek asylum), legal assistance, psychosocial counseling, health or other services, provided by INTERSOS or by actors or local service providers when needed.
4. Conduct Psychological First Aid (PFA) and identify individuals who show signs of stress, and provide individual emotional support when needed.
5. Ensure to keep complete and well-organized records: Manage, fill, archive specific forms for registration, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
6. Monitor and follow up the outcome of the material assistance provided by INTERSOS.
7. Be available to provide emergency assistance – including first aid (receive training from INTERSOS on the delivery of first aid)
8. Conduct collective Psycho-Social First Aid (PSFA) to the migrants and identify the most vulnerable cases in need of urgent additional counselling or assistance.
9. Provide daily updates to the activity coordinator on the work of the MRT and MMMT
10. Be available to participate in meetings and trainings in and outside the centres
11. Link Migrants\Asylum Seekers, and Refugees with available service providers and keep beneficiaries informed of accurate and up-to-date service maps.
12. Any other task requested in order to achieve the project’s objectives.
13. Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
Overall, these tasks require:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Full abiding by INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines and respect INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics
Qualification and requirements:
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences
- At least 1 year of experience working as Outreach Social Worker
- At least 1 year of experience working with national or international NGO
- Good background on protection related issues
- Deep understanding on the plight of new arrivals in Yemen (refugees/asylum seekers and migrants)
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sector counterparts’/referral pathways.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - basic written and good spoken and written English;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Practical and problem-solver;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل