Nursing Activity Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
VACANCY: Nursing Activity Manager
for “Emergency Project”
Position status: Full-time
Location: Sana’a, approx. 80% of time deployed in different governorates
Contract duration: One Year with possibility of renewal
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Emergency response constitutes one of the core activities of Doctors without Borders. MSF Switzerland is recruiting new staff for a project that intervenes and provides activities in case of emergencies such as COVID-19 or other epidemics as well as trainings based on the intervention needs according to pre-defined intervention criteria. This team is based in Sana’a, but all team members are expected to work in interventions in different governorates and locations for about 80 % of the time. Flexibility and adaptability to respond to the operational needs as well as to adapt to working and living conditions in the field are core criteria for any new staff member. Given the diverse areas of intervention compliance and acceptance of security restrictions are essential. Furthermore, solution-orientation, as well as very good communication skills and hands-on mentality are expected. If you find yourself within these characteristics as well in the professional requirements and tasks indicated below, we are looking forward to your application.
Main Purpose of the position
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all care and nursing related activities in the project and ensuring the daily management of the human resources, according to MSF nursing protocols, standards and procedures, in order to warrant efficiency, quality and continuity of prescribed care
- Planning and organizing all nursing related activities (IPD, OPD, maternity, nutrition, etc.) and participating in the definition of annual planning and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the standard quality healthcare. When needed, being responsible for scheduling duty rosters, shifts and on call of nursing staff.
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation of the legal therapeutic protocols, procedures and standards, depending on project objectives (PPTCT, PEP, VCT, IEC, SGBV, MH services, etc.) and providing technical support when needed, to ensure the quality of the nursing care, confidentiality and information traceability, patient surveillance, and the application of the therapeutic and sterilization rules by the health care personnel.
- Supervising the nutritional activities in order to ensure that therapeutic food is provided regularly and that it complies with quality and quantity standards
- Ensuring all administrative procedures and documents (individual patient’s card and registration book, discharge paper, transfer paper, etc.) and existing data management tools are used correctly
- According to MSF protocols and in collaboration with the Pharmacist and Medco, supervising the distribution (according to medical prescriptions) and pharmacy activity, preparing new orders when required, supervising expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and above minimum safety point.
- In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
- In close coordination with the Logistics Manager, supervising laboratory outputs related to nursing activities (blood test) to ensure samples are collected correctly and results are provided on time.
- In close coordination with the HR department, planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nursing staff of the project in order to improve staff capabilities and ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Training nursing staff on PTE.
- Reporting to the line manager on any relevant information linked to nursing activities and participating in monthly reports
Note: PPTCT = Prevention Parent To Child Transmission; PEP= Post Exposure Prophylaxis; VCT = Voluntary Counselling and Testing; IEC = Information, Education and Communication; SGBV = Sexually Gender Based Violence; MH = Mental Health; PTE = Patient Therapeutic Education
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing is essential.
- Valid Medical License as “Nurse” from the medical council
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as Nurse after bachelor’s degree, preferably 6 months of clinical experience within the last 2 years
- Experience in managerial or supervisor position is desirable
- Experience in INGO or MSF is desirable
- Experience in emergency response (e.g. epidemics) is an advantage
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and outlook)
- Capacity to perform clinical work, as well as to instruct/mentor staff under his/her responsibility
- Capacity and engagement to prepare and conduct trainings
- Arabic & English: Fluent in writing & speaking
- People Management and Development
- Stress Management
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Adaptability and able to work in a multicultural team
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل