Communications and Media Assistant
Communications and Media Assistant
Job Title: Communications and Media Assistant
Job Location: Taiz, Aden
Job Status: Casual worker
Contract duration: 2 months
Reports to: Program Manager
MedGlobal is a global health and humanitarian organization that builds resilience in fragile states and vulnerable communities through emergency response, health services delivery, and sustainable programming. MedGlobal's vision is to create a world without healthcare disparity.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal’s Code of Conduct reflects the organization’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
1. Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
2. Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
The Communication and Media Officer will be responsible for managing the communication and media portfolio including but not limited to, reporting tasks, designing and implementing documentary stories, photographic and video productions, covering and writing success stories, archiving of digital information and overseeing the general reporting and communications requirement of the Program Unit.
- Manage program communications and media activities, including preparation of success stories, case studies, and other internal and external program communications.
- Lead the documentation and media coverage of program activities, success stories and generate key visual content across a variety of platforms, in digital, analog or other formats.
- In coordination with M&E colleagues, prepare and submit success stories, conduct interviews with beneficiaries including videotaping and/or photography that is compatible with MG/Donor requirements.
- Support program teams and develop communications materials on important events and activities as required such as designing banners, IEC materials, and vouchers.
- Manage the production of video documentary stories and lead the process and coverage for program close-out events.
- Ensure proper archiving of all photos and videos related to program activities.
- Train and support staff to build capacity on media and communication skills.
- Travel to the field as required, possibly on short notice, to ensure media coverage is conducted in a timely manner.
- Additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives depending upon changing circumstances of the program, donor requirements or both.
- Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented management style.
- Fluency in written / verbal English and Arabic is required.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other standard software packages.
- Ability to travel within program sites, as required.
- Ability to work under pressure in an operational environment.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Strong background in photography or photojournalism with proven professional portfolio.
- Experience in producing media materials (writing stories, production of video and audio reports) and strong capacity to deliver these within short deadlines.
- Strong writing skills, preferably with a history of writing for media.
- Ability to produce high quality communication materials within tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust/respond to changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
- Strong digital skills in using social media (websites/Twitter/blogs/Facebook etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner.
- Ability to work with digital equipment, cameras, filming and editing skills for short audio and video packages.
- Desirable skills in design and graphic disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, media, multimedia, journalism, public relations, or any related field is required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working INGOs / NGOs in the field of humanitarian aid in a similar position is required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Yemen Communications and Media assistant”
Thank you for your interest in working with MedGlobal!
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل