MEL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Yemen Systems, Health and Resiliency Project (SHARP) Job Description
Job Title: MEL Officer
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: M&E Specialist
Posting Location: Aden, Yemen
John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries. JSI is seeking a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialist for the USAID funded System, Health and Resiliency Project (SHARP) in Yemen. The project has three overarching goals to:
1) improve maternal and child health outcomes;
2) increase community engagement; and
3) improve health system resiliency.
The MEL Officer is a full time position based in Aden, Yemen. S/he is responsible for ensuring timely data collection and reporting of project activities, the availability of up-to-date project database, current indicator tracking table, tracking the progress in achieving project results in line with approved performance for planning and report indicators (PPR) and non-PPR indicators, as identified by the project and required by USAID. S/he is also responsible for handling the day-to-day management of the database and data entry by closely working with the Database Officer. The MEL officer will report to the M&E Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle the monitoring of timely and consistent data collection, management, and prepare for analysis and report writing;
- Ensure high-quality record-keeping and regular updating of the Master Database and routine tracking tool to meet program objectives;
- Communicate with management and program staff to facilitate project monitoring and activity planning;
- Provide timely feedback to SHARP partners and program officers on data quality issues and follow up for timely action taken to solve quality gaps;
- Support fellow team members in capturing and documenting best practices and success stories for learning, reference and dissemination;
- Streamlining data flow processes, storage, management, cleaning, verification, and timely reporting on program performance.
- Assist the M&E Specialist/Senior MEL Manager in the planning and implementation of periodic field monitoring exercises and regular data quality assessments.
- Ensuring relevant, timely, and quality support to SHARP technical staff on assessments, surveys, and evaluations training of enumerators, setting up mobile devices and supervision of data collection, supporting data analysis, report writing, and dissemination of findings
- Assist MEL and program teams during periodic data review meetings as part of monitoring for action and learning.
- Ensure donor requirements are met timely.
- Bachelor’s degree and additional training, certificate or qualification in public health, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), demography or relevant field;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in M&E for international donor funded projects, preferably including experience with USAID-funded projects;
- Knowledge and experience with maternal and child health data management in Yemen, including data entry and cleaning, data analysis and reporting preferable;
- Demonstrable experience in data entry, analysis and report writing;
- Computer proficiency, including use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and a statistics package (e.g., Stata, SPSS, SAS, R, DHIS2);
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and mentoring skills;
- Excellent writing, oral and organizational skills;
- Willingness to travel, if needed.
- Excellent reporting skills
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, listening and speaking)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل