Roving - Security and Access Responsible This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Roving - Security and Access Responsible
Location of position: Shall be determined later
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. Since then, SI expanded the geographical scope of its intervention, and established offices in Taiz and Al Mokha and Marib Governorate
Objectives of the mission for 2023 is to build on its Emergency Response capacity to expand in hard-to-reach areas, and develop qualitative interventions responding to emergency and protracted needs, while enhancing resilience
The position will be based in Marib City, Marib, Yemen.
The Roving - Security and Access Responsible support the Security and Access Coordinator in security management at national level and humanitarian access in accordance with SI development strategy in Yemen.
The Security and Access Responsible also assists the Security and Access Coordinator in the relationship with the local authorities, clusters and working groups in the monitoring and analysis of the context.
- Establish and maintain informal relations and a network of key informants/contacts.
- Develop and maintain network and relationship with relevant local and national authorities to support Field Coordinator efforts of ensuring SI good positioning in the area.
- Liaise upon request from the Security and Access Coordinator with line ministries to get certifications, introduction letters, MoUs, etc.
- Responsible for the management of access permissions through government agencies or other authorities.
- Translate from Arabic to English (or inversely) important documents.
- Be the translator during internal or external meetings.
Monitoring and Analyzing context
- Monitor and analyze the political, security and geo-political contexts in the country of intervention.
- Monitor and analyze the security contexts in SI areas of intervention.
- Monitor potential risks during times of instability and keep concerned employees alerted.
- Provide the necessary support, advise and analysis on the situational daily security assessment to the line manager or person responsible for validating the movements accordingly.
- Keep up to date on a weekly basis the security event follow up.
- Ensure the archiving and classification of security documents under the good practices established by SI.
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information within the mission and write security reports as per the formats and frequency required on the mission.
- Participate in the security and contextual briefing of new national staff employees.
- Conduct security assessment of Solidarités premises, working areas and new areas ensuring the humanitarian access.
- Promote SI’s Code of Ethics and Conduct among employees and external stakeholders.
- Supports the line manager in implementing the established measures to ensure compliance with required safety and security standards for all employees and facilities.
- Produce on a weekly basis Situation Reports related to security and context updates.
- Assist the Security and Access Coordinator in the management of security incidents/security crisis upon request from line manager.
- Support to manage security and context monitoring tools (mapping, records, etc.)
- Support the Liaison Officer to liaise with the projects’ line ministries to get certifications, introduction letters, MoUs, etc.
- Acts as backup to the liaison officer (if any) upon request from the Security and Access Coordinator.
LIST OF SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES: (TO BE FILLED AT BASE LEVEL)
- Flexibility and ability to deploy at any given time and for long periods to field bases to support FieldCos in case of gaps and need for support.
- Works in close coordination with base FieldCos and Liaison to be up to date on the contextual developments in each base.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line Manager: Security & Access Coordinator/Field Coordinator
Line report(s) on base: N/A
III. Profile required
- Bachelor’s degree in law, politics, business or related fields.
- At least 3 years’ experience in management, diplomacy or liaison.
- Experience in context monitoring, reporting and analysis
- Experience in working with local authorities and security stakeholders.
- Strong political and access analytical skills.
- Proactive, organized, and able to effectively solve problems efficiently and diplomatically.
- Existing relationships with authorities, local leaders is considered a plus
- Flexibility to work in different governorates for extended period of time (Taizz, Marib)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل