District Supervisor (Nutrition) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: District Supervisor (Nutrition)
No of position: 1 Position
Deadline: August 09th, 2021
Contract Type: Special Service Contract
Duration: 4 Months renewable based on funding availability
Duty Station: Based in Dhamar
Probationary Period: 4 Months
Department: Health & Nutrition Programs
Reporting to: BSFP Officer
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP) is Non-governmental Organization aims to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by the conflict and disasters, enhance more equitable socio-economic development and Increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process. RDP advocates for the rights of affected populations and work in many field areas, food security, nutrition and health and water, sanitation and hygiene, good governance and peace.
The District Supervisor will be responsible for managing and supervising the project activities within the targeted district. He \ she will work under direct supervision of the Project Officer to whom regular reports and certain data should be submitted. The District Supervisor will supervise the Health Workers, Community Nutrition Volunteers, BSFP Food Distribution Points, Warehouses’ Keepers and other field staff within the targeted district.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) and Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) activities within the targeted district.
- Liaise with the District Health Office, General Manager, Authorities, Leaders and Local Community for establishing and implementing the project activities. Ensure best level of coordination and prevent any duplication in support at all levels of project activities.
- Prepare and submit to the Project Officer the Food Distribution Plans (DP), Food Release Notes (FRN) and Dispatch Plans for the district Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) and Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) monthly on its due time.
- Prepare and submit the list of district Community Nutrition Volunteers involved in the project with support of District Health Office according to the MoPH&P guidelines at the first month of the project.
- Prepare and submit the list of district health workers involved in the project with support of District Health Office according to the MoPH&P guidelines at the first month of the project.
- Guide and coordinate the formation of local Relief Committees and Local Community Committees on the level of the district and Food Distribution Points respectively at the first month of the project.
- Manage and coordinate the work of Field Monitors, Health Workers, and Storekeepers, Community Nutrition Volunteers and other support laborers and strictly following their performance to ensure high quality implementation according to RDP and donor standards.
- Oversee the whole activities progress in the targeted district and compare it regularly to the project indicators targets to ensure their timely achievement.
- Implement trainings for Health Workers and Community Nutrition Volunteers when needed and coordinate with all concerned authorities for its facilitation.
- Facilitate orientation and training to the project teams in the targeted district and conduct regular on-site monitoring and capacity building trainings for the Health Workers, Community Nutrition Volunteers and Storekeepers.
- Collect data regularly from the supported Health Facilities, Food Distribution Points, Community Nutrition Volunteers and warehouses and report them to the project officer using RDP standard reporting formats and timing; including both narrative and statistical types of reports.
- Detect, report and positively solve field obstacles and problems keeping the project services provision uninterrupted.
- Ensure the correct recording and documentation of all project activities and monthly submit success and interest stories to the project officer.
- Submit all the needed documents for the releasing financial dues of Food Distribution teams after each distribution cycle to RDP main office.
- Conduct regular meetings with project beneficiaries, local authorities and community members at large to ensure that the project goals, objectives, activities, targeted beneficiaries’ complaints \ feedback mechanism and channels and entitlement of each beneficiaries are well understood.
- Oversee food stocks and prepare daily and monthly distribution reports.
- Supervise the Complaint and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) at field level.
- Facilitate and report the field monitoring visits from RDP, Ministry of Public Health & Population (MoPH&P), donor or third-party staff.
- Organize and participate in external meetings with Community Leaders, NGOs, Community Committees and other district parties as needed.
- Cooperate with RDP logistic, finance, admin and human resources departments in order to facilitate field activities.
- Comply with RDP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- University degree in medicine, public health, nutrition or any other related field.
- A minimum of 1-year work experience in the field and 6 months working with local communities and NGOs. SFP work experience is preferred.
- Native Arabic with good English, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated ability to reporting using nutrition standard forms with gender disaggregated data.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian situation in the project targeted governorates.
- Strong knowledge of the assigned districts and rural communities.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Commitment to the Humanitarian Principles
RDP is committed to the fundamental of the humanitarian principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, proclaimed in Vienna in 1965 by the 20th International Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The core of our mission is to alleviate people's suffering, protect human dignity and empower societies. Hence, RDP puts these principles to practice and it fully adheres to the national Humanitarian Principles including: the Humanity, Impartiality, Independence and Neutrality principles.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل