Business Development Manager
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
Programme Design and Fundraising
- Actively identifies, qualifies and tracks funding and partnership opportunities in a systematic manner in pursuit of supporting Oxfam’s programme.
- Ensures Oxfam Bid/No-bid process, establishing and maintaining pipeline tracking and relationship management tools.
- Ensures all necessary groundwork for proposal development, helps assemble bid development teams, provides effective bid coordination and project management in country and undertakes quality assurance of donor proposals to ensure high quality competitive proposals in order to successfully secure institutional donor fund and preferably multi-year funding whenever possible.
- Develops clear flow chart and processes, clarifying roles and responsibilities in the programme design and proposal writing efforts.
- Works collaboratively with the Deputy Director to coordinate an inclusive process of programme design: shares programme design plans and steps, with roles clarified; interventions designed based on recent assessment; ensures programme design workshop; coordinates the proposal write-up and ensures quality, including the language; ensures that the budget looks cost-effective and in line with the donor guidelines and template; ensures review by the affiliates; and submits the proposal on time.
- Supports the country programme team to scope and preposition Oxfam for new consortium partnerships with local stakeholders where appropriate
- Communicates affiliates to ensure / secure contributions for co-financing, if need be.
- Brokers assistance from technical advisers and donor account managers in affiliate HQs, regional offices and shared services.
- Maintains link with the confederation funding architecture to access intelligence, opportunities and skills.
- Guides and advises the CD and programme teams on the success rate of proposals or bids and status of income and alert any funding gaps and proposes plans.
Awards Management & Compliance
- Provides technical advice in negotiations with institutional donors over contracts, costs, governance and accountability, and donor conditions
- Ensures that a proper awards / grants management system is in place and adhered to
- Enhances the understanding of and programme and programme support staff on policies-procedures and guidelines of donors and affiliates
- Ensures awards opening and closing meetings and that donor policies, procedures and guidelines are clarified in the awards opening meeting.
- Works collaboratively with the DCD on regular expenses review and clarifies any deviation of policies to ensure compliance
- Offers guidance and technical support to programme, finance and logistics staff to comply with policies and procedures of donors and Oxfam, and undertakes quality assurance for reports for donors in country considered to be high risk, in order to help minimise any negative impact to Oxfam’s income and reputation
- Review and sign-off of donor submissions including Expressions of Interest, concept notes, proposals, reports, contracts and other correspondence according to agreed Oxfam processes.
- Works closely with the teams, particularly finance to ensure greatest use of restricted funds through strategic recharging to donor contracts where possible and to ensure budget spending is maximised.
- Ensure that all restricted income for specific programmes is correctly recorded according to Oxfam's internal donor income database (Peoplesoft) and strengthens compliance and utilisation of internal systems for project and contract management.
- Reponsible for timely and accurate recording and reporting (both internally and externally) in functional area
- Leads the design, revision and implementation of business development and resource mobilisation strategies ensuring that they meet Oxfam’s core be safe, feminist and partner-led
- Maps out all potential funding opportunities from diverse institutional, private, foundation, non-traditional and in-country doors and prepares a resource mobilisation plans, including potential affiliates, technical priorities / focuses and funding target
- Research new funding prospects to meet the set ambition of the country programme, as well as contributing to the wider MENA region funding objectives
- Proactively engages on a strategic basis with institutional donors at a country level in order to facilitate technical programme exchanges, influence policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including programme funding
- Recruits and manages fundraising staff to work on the Oxfam Yemen programme in line with Oxfam policies, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, training and support as required.
- Implements the Oxfam performance management system with all direct reports, ensuring clear performance objectives, regular feedback and coaching, mid-year performance review and annual performance appraisal
- Complying with Oxfam policies and systems, develops and adopts career development and succession planning for direct reports, specifically for national staff
Your commitment to Oxfam
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
Experience, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Five years’ experience in funding and awards management
- Substantial of experience working in International NGO with similar position: grant management, proposal development (narrative and budgets) and donor reporting.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in development, humanitarian affairs, international relations, or other relevant course
- Experience of collaborating with and leading technical teams to develop programme proposals funded by institutional donors
- Numerical understanding with basic knowledge and experience in budget setting and management
- Highly developed communication skills in networking, representational and negotiation and influencing skills and report writing
- Experience of supervising staff
- Understanding of government decision-making processes, both political and technical, including budget processes, appropriation, protocols, and communications
- Speak Arabic
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in Middle East context.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How to Apply
Oxfam doesn't charge any fees for recruitment and doesn't have any relationship with recruitment agencies in Yemen
منظمة أوكسفام لا تفرض أي رسوم على التوظيف وليس لها اي علاقة مع وكالات التوظيف في اليمن
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل